cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical printout not according to Date/Time that spool requests ar created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just implemented a program that will generate Delivery Orders and Invoices based on a upload file. Sequence is one DO then the corresponding invoice.In addition, I have used output types to auto-spool the DO/INV once they are created.

However, I notice that the physical printouts is not according to the date/time that the spool requested is generated. I will have a DO that is generated at 11:01 printed out and the next printout is a DO generated at 11:08, and the next one is a invoice generated at 11:04. They are not in the sequence that I thought they would be generated.

This causes a lot of operation issue as they need to sort them out after everything is printed out.

Does anyone face this problem? And what can I do to have the printout in sequence? Or is this a hardware (Printer) problem?

Regards,

Norman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is a kind of batch program, how do you explain there are 7 minutes between the 1st and 2nd DO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond, good suggestion. I've give that a try. Will post the outcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, I am just stating an example not a real senario. Agree that 7 minutes is a bit exaggerated... For my case, the interval between the 1 DO/INV to the last DO/INV will sometime takes about 4 to 5 minutes. I am processing about 500 orders.

Regards,

Norman

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There may be another case, at administration level: if you have several SPO workprocesses, the sequence of printing may not be respected: SPO 1 processes DO while SPO 2 processes INV for example. A solution to this is to use "print sequentially" flag in output device definition (this may not work at exceptional moments, when SPO workprocess exceptions occur, this is detailed in SAP notes).

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose you have a COMMIT WORK when DO and INV are created, so the update tasks are started for each document, as there is parallelism one task may end before another task submitted earlier. You may try to use COMMIT WORK AND WAIT to reduce the risk.

Regards,

Raymond