cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe pdf with attachment send thru webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts..

I wish to ask a solution is it workable or not.

1. A pdf downloaded and filled by user.

2. User attach a file in the pdf.

3. User click Submit button to call webservice.

My question is, can the attachments able to convert into binary and send thru webservice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe i don´t get the problem. But can you please tell me the difference between sending the data through the webservice (needs network access) and uploading the form into portal (needs network as well)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh.. ya. You are right. I have make myself in a mess.

So upload thru portal is the only way out now, if there is attachment in the pdf. Thanks Otto.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the scenario could be that people can be using this Offline form from their laptop at home and their portal server is NOT exposed on internet. Only the ECC box is made available on internet. So WS will work whether he is in network or outside network.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might have this problem too. Thanks for pointing out.

@Chintan Virani - Do you have any solution suggest to me?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You´re welcome. I can recommend you to check the FP_* reports in SE38 because you´ll find there the example how you can work with the file attachments. This should help you extract and process the form attachments in the backend, it is always better to have a a working demo/ example to stick on. Good luck, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a reason you do not want to send the form using email and use automatic SAP mail agent to read the email message for you, extract the attachment, mine out the data from the form, process it and send the success/ error message back to the user?

Or why don´t you upload the form into the portal or some other webpage, where you can work with encoding/ converting the file into stream as you wish/ need?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto.

Email is not using in this solution. Im jus thinking a workaround solution while in offsite, if on site, we can use upload the whole into portal.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have briefly read through the thread. I think they are talking about how to send the PDF file which is the one who is calling the WS to that WS. Something like "send myself to the WS". That is crazy, I don´t think that can be done and don´t understand why would I do that. "Send myself (PDF)" using email is just enough for everybody.

Why would you send the form itself anyway? There is no security feature (like signature) why would you send the whole form not to destroy it/ remove it etc. You can send the data (easily) and using the data (XML) you can generate a new form which will look like the source one.

Maybe you can send the attachments using these guys coding. That is another problem. You don´t need the "this" handler/ pointer, you´re not working with "yourself". But I cannot adapt their raw ideas into a working solution for this.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to use a form as a frontend, to upload a file through the form and send this file somewhere using WS. I have never made this working. IF that is possible, I am interested in the coding/ solution as well. I have 2,5yrs experience with Adobe forms and I think that cannot be done. Maybe some Adobe-super-combo- guy can help?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a discussion over here too.. but i still unable to get the hints over there.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2511607#2511607

Do u have any idea?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. yes, offline scenario

2. yes, offline scenario, reader rights enable the user to attach the files to the form, you can extract them automatically in backend processing after the uploading back to system

3. 95% not, I have spent 2 yrs of my life programming an alternative solution to Adobe forms in SAP/ standalone Adobe and have never succeeded in doing this.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Do you means pdf with attachment is impossible to send over webservice?