cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page overflow: smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

i am working on smartformsfor contarct data and printing some texts from contract details.

the form is printing fine if there are multiple lines in "header text". but when there is more data and page overflows, header text data truncates.

i want this to automatically go to next ( new) page without truncating. window type is secondary. i suppose it doesnt overflow, but i want to do it, i cannot put this to main window as there is one main window ( morever it didnt work this way as well). i want the data to continue on new page if this overflows or at least i want this( entire window) to be printed in a new page if this overflows.

Please help, tried a lot, but nothings working.

regards

kavana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To write complete header data with out truncating in secondary window is not possible. The only way to solve problem is, place the header text node in main window above to item data nodes. So that first it will write header data and then go for remaining nodes under to header data node.

Hope this will give you some idea.

Regards,

Aswini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all thanks for your responses.

i did try folder node. it didnt help. when i checked page protection, nothing got printed even the half which used to get.

i cannot put this in main window as it changes the order of appearence. i want this to be teh last one to be printed.

i created one more page "last" and put thsi part there, but again, nothing got printed.

seems liek its not goign for more 1 page or i dotn knwo what i am doing wrong.

currently i have 2 pages. first page's next page is first and next page's next page is next.

i have many windows, last 3 are, main window, total window and next is note window.

in note window i write this header text. i cannot put this data in main window as total should follow the data after main window and thsi heaeder text shoudl be the last one.

so plz help.... i am really not understanding this "next page" concept. is that soemthing to do with and also how to set varaible window in smartforms like sap scripts. here only main window seems working but in my case i am not able to make this main window as i already have one.

i tried makign this main window, no error came, but nothing got printed even half which usually comes.

plz help

regards

kavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are chances of your note text being huge and overflowing, create a table inside the note window- create a text node and write in your text (or text field).

Your table would extend to the next page, just check if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys..

but nohing is working...

to keep it simple, i have put this note in a new page. but the new page is not at all getting triggered.

this new page has only this note window when i print this text.

can u plz tell me why is this so.

now my form is this way.

first page's next page is last page

and last page's next page is nothing. ( cannot give last page as it doesnt hav any main window)

plz tell me why even this is nto working. now i dont want overflow, but just this new page to be printed. plz help

thanks

kavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next Page: The page that was defined in this filed will be called as next page to current page and there onwards that page be will be repeated (provided if you given "Next Page" in next page filed of second page).

Currently, though you defined second page which is next page but you didnt assigned this in next page filed of first page. That is the reason that page is not triggering.

So in your case do as follws, this might solve your problem.

Keep the second page with required header data in its main window as it is. But in the first page main window call this page intentionally, to do this create a new folder at last of all the nodes in main window of first page in that create a "COMMAND LINE" node, in this node you will find "Go to new page" option under General attributes tab. Now in this specify the header data page so that next page will be called once all the line item completed.

Regards,

Aswini.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

make use of folder node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelima

I think

Folder will be useful in case of main window only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

The header data which ur printing in the window , put that in to folder node and select that check box as page protection . i think that should solve your problem.

regards,