cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple alert rules for alert category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Alert Categories and assigned Alert Rules for them. <b>Can I assign multiple Alert rules for the same alert category?</b> I mean RTW--> Alert Configuration lets me do it. But when I test it by running report RSALERTTEST, I could get only error for one alert rule, even though I defined multiple alert rules. I haven't tested with real error out scenarios. Any update on this would be helpful.

Thanx&Regards

Navin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navin,

<i>Can I assign multiple Alert rules for the same alert category?</i>

yes, you can do this as long as both the rules are different from each other.

ALso, while configuring the Alert Rule, remember to deselect the check box, <b>SUPRESS MULTIPLE ALERTS OF THIS RULE.</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can assign multiple rules to one alert category. However during runtime normally only one rule will apply and thus create one alert of the respective category.

With SP 15 or 16 a new report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER was introduced, which can be used to check which alert rule went active and triggerd an alert.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Thanks for reply and thats very helpful answer. I have few quetions regarding the same topic:

1)To execute the report "SXMSALERT_LOGREADER", do you know which role has to be assigned to user? Currently it says my user doesn't have an authorization.

2)I was trying to create Alert Rule for Adapter Engine, given SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE and SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT in container. But when it error out in AE, these variables are not populating. Do you have any idea how could I populate adapter error to mail/inbox?

3) I have a BPM scenario. Can I create Alert rule for that between outbound interface and abstract interface and between abstract interface and inbound interface?

Lets say message failed on BPM side (From SAP to BPM), will it trigger an alert (Not with in BPM).For triggering Alert in BPM, I dont want to change BPM.

Thanx&Regards

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

1) the report requires authorization object S_XMB_AUTH with area MONCONFIG and activity 02. It's actually part of the standard role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP.

2) sorry, don't know that, but you might want to check SAP Note 913858 for troubleshooting the alerting. it contains the following statement:

<i>Q10: Why are sometimes certain error categories (e.g. SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT) not filled?

A10: This is due to an error in the Business Object Repository when the value of a container variable exceeds 255 characters. Please implement the correction described in note #947738.</i>

3) You can configure alert rules for the way from the sender to the BPM and from the BPM to the sender. If anything happens in that communication you will get an alert. However as far as i know, the only way to trigger an alert for something that happens within the BPM is by using an according control step.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

Thanks a lot.

Navin