cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

A field in IDOC is carring a document number to SAP, but when it reaches SAP it shows that document number with sales org in the front of the number and the year at the end of the number for example.

6xxxxxxx is the document number

1000 is the sales org

2009 is the year

so instead of it posting only the doucment number 6xxxxxx in SAP it is bringing in 1000 6xxxxxx 2009, and then it is saying incorrect document number because it is attempting to match the whole number in SAP.

the error it is giving is # 51 saying the document number does not exist in SAP.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so instead of it posting only the doucment number 6xxxxxx in SAP it is bringing in 1000 6xxxxxx 2009, 
and then it is saying incorrect document number because it is attempting to match the whole number in SAP.

You might have done some concat operation in the mapping and hence the above result.....the fields will not get concatenated unless and until some logic has been applied......so just check your mapping.....also you should ensure that the source payload has just 6xxxxxx in the DocNum field and not 1000 6xxxxxx 2009.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Go to SXBM_MONI and check the incoming and outgoing payload

Check the value for document number.

If its getting changed there, then check the mapping. Else check the configuration in SAP.

Regards,

J Augastine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suppose the IDOC is on receiver, right?

I mean why do you can reformat the field in the mapping, to have the exact numbert that exist in the IDOC configuration.

Regards,

lpbuff

Edited by: lpbuff on Jan 11, 2010 9:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

are you saying that this field in IDOC should be reformatted ?, i dont know if that is a solution, i am pretty new to IDOC'S so any suggestions would be good, but questions is why would such a thing happen in the first place, why and from where it is picking up the sales org and the year ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

and yes it is an Inbound IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

What is the mapping rule you created for populating the Document Num in your mapping? Please also check what value is being passed in the input data.Is it concatanated values or a simple Document Num.

I think its purely a test data issues,please modify either the test data or check in you mapping if your are concatinating.In sap this field is checked for validations and status 51 error is due to this only.

regards,

srinivas