cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Gurus,

I have an issue to consolidate two plants and make one single plant. Business scenario is my client has a company code 1000. They have two plants assigned 1100(UK Plant) and 1300(Denamrk Plant). 1300 plant is used as shipping plant. It has storage locations A001, B001, C001 and D001 etc. 1100 plant is manufacturing and stock plant and it has different storage locations viz F001, K001, N001 etc. 1300 plant has shipping point A300 which has country code GB(UK). Both the plants maintain same stock at each storage locations except storage locations B001, C001 and D001 is used for other stock like return stock, block stock etc.

Now the idea is removing the plant 1300 and assign all storage locations of 1300 plant to 1100 plant which represent denmark storage location and assign A300 shipping point to 1100 plant. If this is done what would be an impact to the system.

Please answer me at the earliest as it is an immediate requirement.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see that you can combine these two plants. If you do that, you can't determine the delivering country as this comes from the plant. You have to know the delivering country for your exports and inter EU shipments. For example you ship from UK to Denmark, you have to show this on your Intrastat Report.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richards,

Thanks for the reply. I want to clarify the meaning of delivering country. Is it country of delivering plant or country of destination or ship to party. If it is delivering plant as per my opinion, SAP standard thumb rule is the departure country is always a country of delivering plant. As delivering plant is 1100 do you think would it cause problems. As we maintain condition records for determining VAT.