cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do that synchronization is synchronous?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert:

I am developing one application in Mobile 7.1 sp08 for PDA.

I have one Data Object wiht the methods getlist, getdetail and modify.

But when I send one modify to the DOE I have to sync twice to get the result to the device. (The first to send the modify and second to get the result to the modify)

How can I do the synchronization is synchronous?

Any idea?

Thanks and best regards.

Maria Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please enable synchronous extract for your data object in the configure refresh queue of the device.

In the admin and monitoring portal , search for your device, click on the device name, right side you will be able to see a link 'configure refresh queue'.

Click on this and choose the dataobject ,then opt either for synchronous extract.

Regards,

Shobha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobha:

I have configured refresh queue.

I put al the data object to synchronous extract.

But when I synchronizeI still can see in the 'Outbound Queve Detail' data pending to go to the device.

So I have to synchronize again.

Any Idea?

Thanks and best regards

Maria Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar scenario, where our PDA sends data to DOE\backend, there is update\modify to data on Backend, and then DOE returns that data. But we want PDA to download that updated data in the same sync session as it uploaded.

To accomplish, we enabled Repetitive Sync for our PDAs.

In our business scenario: in one sync session there are 3 sync cycles (MI client downloads outbound queue data 3 times) with interval time of 1 minute between each cycle.

We found this gave enough time for DOE to do its thing and PDA to download the updated data.

This exists in SAP NetWeaver Library for 7.1:

[Parameters for Repetitive Synchronization MI 7.1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/47/8baf5f1240444ba39d0bca8704003f/content.htm]

We just assign through the Agent parameters to get these properties enabled.

Enable, the time between cycles and how many times MI client goes to download data.

Hopefully this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, That's right but synchronization time increases.

I believed that we could set this to other way.

Thanks and best regards.

Maria Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why this happens is that ALL processing of messages happens in the device inbound queue. This means that there is no 'waiting' mode where a message is posted, and the device waits for a reply to that message. The device posts its data, and gets new data from DOE (which may or may not contain the confirmation, depending on how fast the POST gets processed).

=> Alan's fix is pretty much the only way to get what you want. Or you could find ways to speed up processing of data in the DOE and Backend (better hardware??)

Answers (0)