cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PPM and Co-products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our design is to have one SNP PPM with more than one output products. Howeverm when there is demand for one product, the receipt for only that product should be generated. For example:

Product A - Demand = 100

Product B - Demand = 0

Product C - Demand = 0

When I run heuristic, I get a planned order of 100 for Product A which is good. But what i am also seeing that manufacture of products for Product B and Product C.

Is there a way to prevent the creation of the manufacture of co-products eventhough the SNP PPM has more than one output components.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VishyY,

I agree with VIrender. It's not a co-product scenario.

I think you could create a PPM for each product. Its a simple soluction, but it should work for your scenario.

Best Regards

Noriaki Kimoto

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is the co product indicator there in the first place. Is it required by PPDS and you are creating the SNP PPM from PPDS PPM's.

Option is to turn off planning for those co products.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus!

can anyone please address this question?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishy

thats only possible in CTM i think, there is an indicator in PPM which allows you to stop the Explosion of the

component and avoid the planned orders for it.

The filed id Prevent product explosion...

Regards,

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar,

Thanks for the input. But the flag you were suggesting wouldn't really help because all the products that are in PPM are output products and not components. As per my requirement,

If

Product A - Demand = 100

Product B - Demand = 0

Product C - Demand = 0

I need a planned order for only product A and nothing for the other 2 products

If

Product A - Demand = 0

Product B - Demand = 100

Product C - Demand = 0

I need a planned order for only product Band nothing for the other 2 products

And so on and so forth.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishy

i dont think there is any standard feature in APO which can do it .

It more looks like you have mapped a co-product scenario and you dont actually want it,

i would recommend you to change co product scenario in ECC to simple planning

without co products. In your case even if you are able to achieve it through a Z dev

in APO it would create a problem in ECC as the planned orders are re-exploded in ECC

and it would create receipts for the co prouct.

-Regards

VIrender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar,

Thanks for you feedback. Highly appreciated. Even though, it didn't solve the issue, it really provided me an insight into what can be/cannot be done within PPM with respect to my requirement.

Regards