cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I'm trying to create a webservice from a RFC, to publish some funcionalities through web, and I want to know if anybody has a tutorial, walkthrough or something like this to share...

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're implementing EhP4.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauber,

Why would you need wsadmin and wsconfig?

You can just expose the RFC as webservice directly from SE37 transaction itself.

WSCONFIG and WSADMIN are transactions to PUBLISH your webservice to Service Registry which is optional.

GIve the name of your RFC in se37.

Clicko n display.

Then chose from menu Utilities->More Utilities->Create web service-> from function module

Then you can get a wsdl.

Regards,

ravi Kanth Talagana

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauber,

Have a look at this weblog for learning how to publish BAPI as a webservice.

/people/sridhar.k2/blog/2006/09/12/creating-and-exposing-bapi-as-web-service-and-using-it-in-web-dynpro

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj...

This is the problem... I can't release my RFCs on wsadmin and wsconfig, because this tx are obsolete... and soamanager is not fully implemented yet... this upgrade (soamanager) will be ready to use in a near future, but now, we need to create a webservice from a RFC...

My idea, is use PI/XI to do it...

Do you have something that explain this scenario?

(ERP RFC -> PI/XI exposes webservice)

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your scenario will be SOAP --> XI --> RFC .... SOAP being on the sender side and RFC on the receiver end.

You need to import the RFC into IR and develop the relevant objects like MI (optional), Mapping...the source and target will be the same....i.e. your RFC.

Now in ID create the agreements and determinations as usual....to generate the WSDL refer:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Give the above generated WSDL to the source application which wants to consume the RFC and ask them to send the request o this WSDL......you can even use a tool like SAP SOAP Tool to consume the RFC

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauber,

Check this blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi and expose XI/PI interface as wsdl...

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

My scenario is the opposite....

RFC -> PI/XI

My RFC needs to be published like a webservice, to be consumed by external services....

But the tx wsadmin, wsconfig and soamanager is not available... we will need to create it on PI/Xi...

How can I do it?!

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the scenario will be SOAP > XI> RFC only......now in the above case replace SOAP with your application (SOAP and RFC denote the protocol to be used.... the adapter types)

The scenario developed in the above manner means you have exposed the RFC as a web service through XI.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauber,

You need to Expose RFC as Webservice, but because of the SOA update you are not able to expose it as webservice. I got this. So now as an alternative, what you need to create a SOAP to PI to RFC scenario and then Expose the SOAP interface as WSDL (SOAP interface should have the same message format as RFC import)

So anyone who wan to access the Exposed webservice of an RFC, they will now access the WSDL of SOAP and it will return the same result.

Regards

Suraj

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to SOAMANAGER documentation on Help.sap.com

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ...

Our ERP don't have SOAMANAGER yet... isn't fully implemented... and the older tx(WSADMIN,etc) isn't longer working...

We will develop a temporarily solution, before this upgrade...

So, I really need a scenario that solves my issue... 😃

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative design would be to interact with the RFC via PI and expose the PI link as a Web service until you get your SOA Manager in place.