cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This might be a common question to you all. I am on a Production support project and this is my first support project.

I am new to PI as well. So can anyone please guide me through.

If an issue is given i want to know how to identify where the problem is and how to fix the problem.

And what do you mean by restarting the PI server??? please help.

Thanks,

Shwetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search the SDN for this vague question....

First of all if any error occurs try to find out whether the problem is at sender/receiver adapter i.e Adapter Engine or in Integration Engine (IE)..

if error at adapter engine then go to communication channels of adapter (and select particular adapter type) and check the logs over there...

if error occurs at IE then go to SXMB_MONI and then check the messages there over there and go to trace tab of particular message and try to find the exact cause of the error...

in brief below is the message flow..

sender adapter --> IE --> receiver adapter

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this error in PI..

For info, the error in PI is :

Cause Exception: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException:

RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing

RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException:

can not connect to destination system due to:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=clsapsrmap.dorsetcc.local GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=SP1 MSSERV=3600 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner 'clsapsrmap.dorsetcc.local:3600' not reached TIME Fri Jan 08 03:48:11 2010 RELEASE 710 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 39 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 3142 DETAIL NiPConnect2: 172.23.40.7:3600 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shewta,

Please ask your basis team to look in this issue........ask them to check the JCo connectino in visual admin check have restarted the server properl or not..

Cheers............

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Connect to message server host failed

Check:

1) You have maintained all the details properly in the communication channel.

2) Is your RFC destination working fine?

3) Are your passwords (user accounts) unlocked and within the validity period?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Error is RFC adapter not able to establish the connection to target SAP System...

check the credentials used in adapter for connection to SAP and also ask the SAP Team whether the user used is locked or any body changed the password of the same...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Go to communication channel monitoring in Runtime Workbench, choose the channel and click stop and then start.

If error still persists, then it should be related to any of the conditions as mentioned in above replies.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Currently, Iam facing the same problem in PI.

How did you solve this issue ?

regards,

Nagarajan.J

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha

If an issue is given i want to know how to identify where the problem is and how to fix the problem.

Step 1: Go to SXMB_MONI and check wheather your inface is successfull or not.

If not successfull go to Trace and find out the problem and work acordingly.

Step 2: If Problem is in the sender side Monitor the Sender communication channel through your Runtime Workbench --> Communication channel Monitoring. Find out the error there and work accordingly.

Step 3: If problem is in the Receiver side Monitor the Receiver communication channel through your Runtime Workbench --> Communication channel Monitoring. Find out the error there and work accordingly.

Step 4: you can also monitor your messages through Message Monitoring under Runtime Workbench.

For more details search SDN you will get many blogs.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Activate and de-acticate the communication channel from Integration Directory, as the error shows "not able to create instance". If it is not resolved, check the communication user lock status (reset and correct password if required). IF it is not working, check the default trace logs from the the system. Test the RFC connection(in SM59), from both the systems.

Thanks,