cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift certificate sale GL postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus

I would like to know how to acheive Gift certificate sale.

we are setting up gift certficates as NLAG materials. And we will sell them to customers with other products. But the difference between gift certificates and the other products are -gift certificate sale is just a liability for us and it should not be recognized as sale ..which means I donot want the gift certificate value reflected on the customer account (reconciliation account). see the example postings below...a customer bought 100$ goods and 25$ gift certificate. I want the system to make GL postings like in desired posting section...Can anyone tell me how I can acheive this functionality

Desired postings

Debit customer account 100$ (Recon account)

Debit Gift certificate clearing account 25$ (B/S account)

Credit Gift certficate Liability account 25$ (Balance sheet account)

credit Revenue account 100$ (P&L account)

Current postings

Debit customer account 125$ (Recon account)

Credit Gift certficate Liability account 25$ (Balance sheet account)

credit Revenue account 100$ (P&L account)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make the PR00 as statistical. Next assign an Account Key for the condition type created for Gift Certificate value. Finally, for this Account Key, assign the G/L Account in VKOA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thanks for the reply. I can create a new account key and assign gift certificate liability account in VKOA . But where can I assign the offsetting account?. My problem is this "I do not want to record this sale on customer account at the time gift certificate sale". I only want to record the sale on customer at the time of gift certificate redemption. I do not want to double count the gift certificate sale on the customer account (FD10N).The above example which I provided was a gift certificate sale.and I want to debit "gift certificate offsetting account" in the place of customer account.

Thanks in advance for looking into this