cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred Supplier/Supplier in Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SRM 7.0 Classic scenario. I have a question about te difference between Preferred Supplier/Supplier in Shopping Cart. We are not maintaining any Vendore Lists. Both options lead to select a supplier but only in Supplier option there is also a button named Assign Supplier. Even when I assign supplier it is still not considered as a fixed supplier (PO is not created in ECC). In this case what is the difference with choosing a preferred supplier or just supplier and assigning it?

Thank you in advance,

Asli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any items which are part of contract, catalog or punch out sites will be consider as vendor but when a user enters a vendor in the shopping cart it's considered as prefered vendor.

BR

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are talking about the case were the user enters the supplier, why there are two options?

1 - Preferred Supplier

2 - Supplier and Assign Supplier button

What is the difference among them?

Thank you,

Asli

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asli,

I have tested in my system and by assigning a supplier a PO is created after the SC is ordered and approved. This is different from what you mentioned. There might be a different reason why it has gone to the worklist. Did you check that the supplier is assigned in the shopping cart. You have to click on the 'Assign Supplier' button to make the entry valid.

If you use Preferred Supplier, yes it will then go to sourcing.

Regards

SF

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asli,

Also note that you will see the Supplier field if you have the right acess. I have not quite get it yet but I found that if I have profile SAP_ALL assigned on top of the /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE role, the field will appear.

Regards

SF

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use a Preferred Vendor/Supplier and the product category is set for sourcing then this SC will still go to the sourcing cockpit. The preferred vendor is looked at like a suggestion to the Purchaser. Then when the Purchaser sources this SC in the sourcing cockpit they can fully assign this vendor or choose a different one.

When you choose the source of supply in the shopping cart as a vendor with a contract, eg a Full vendor then this SC will not go to sourcing. A PO will be created for this SC as the follow-on document.

I hope this help,

Kind Regards,

Lisa