Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB deletion logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There was a particular BI job schedule which was deleted by a particular user.The user insists he did not delete the job.

But the deletion job was in his name.Is there any way by logs by which we can find this out.

Regards,

Rajiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look to see who scheduled the job step?

If they deleted the job itself, then the time period will help a little bit - but you do not know the delay time between. It might have been very old and waiting for it´s turn...!

Otherwise, I only know of some advanced forensics and logging available - but they are optional and per default not active or may not be available anymore.

How long ago did this happen?

Cheers,

Julius

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look to see who scheduled the job step?

If they deleted the job itself, then the time period will help a little bit - but you do not know the delay time between. It might have been very old and waiting for it´s turn...!

Otherwise, I only know of some advanced forensics and logging available - but they are optional and per default not active or may not be available anymore.

How long ago did this happen?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius. This happened around 22- 24 th December 2009.

Regards,

Rajiv

0 Kudos

Bit late for using STAD then...

Is this user only recorded as being the step user who deleted, or can you see the scheduled job still which did the deletion. Who scheduled it?

If you have your SM20N log on, then you can check who started the transactions required prior to the job being scheduled and which terminals they were working from.

Also check in report RSUSR002 who has authority for object S_BTCH_NAM with his user ID value. That might narrow down the search further.

In future, you can activate a log of jobs which are deleted. You will find how to do this in [SAP Note 850885|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/850885]

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius, I ran the report with his user id and auth obj as mentioned by you.

It just gives his name and details..Please guide.

0 Kudos

> I ran the report with his user id and auth obj as mentioned by you.

That is nearly impossible. I suspect you entered the UID name into the "User" selection criteria...

You need to enter the object name (S_BTCH_NAM) into the "Authorization Object 1" field and hit Enter, and then enter the user ID name into the "Background user for authorization check" field.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check whether user has accessed the SM37 or similar transactions on that day in ST03N. It will not tell you on what actions performed, however it will add some information to your investigation.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Thanks Gowrinadh, In ST03n, u mean to check Transaction profile??

0 Kudos

Yes please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.