cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity field is not getting as an mandatory field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when I try to add a material without quantity field it is allowing me to add in the order.

I have Item categeory TAN for which I have assigned incompletion procedure 20 which has KWMENG field for screen PKAU and warning indicator is set.

Despite of this I am able to enter material without quantity.

Is there any other setting I am missing please guide.......

Regards,

Rathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your Info it was helpful.......

But you mentioned about "Check that message no if V4 message type in t code OVAH you can convert the message from warning to error"

In OVAH I can find only messages related to delivery.Is there any other place(Tcode or menupath) where message indicators for orders are maintained?

Regards,

Rathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My Item categeory is TAN for which incomplete procedure 20 is assigned.

In the procedure I have the field KWMENG(order quantity) added with warning indicator tickked.

But, even then I dont know why I am able to ener material without quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks Its working when I try to save the order.

But I want to have a setting that throws error immediatly when I enter the material without the quantity.

As far as I know for Item Incomplete procedure I have added field "KWMENG" with Warning Indicator set but even then iam not getting error when entering material with out quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to craete Incompletion procedure for sales item by OVA2 - std is 20 andard item,check qty field is there in this procedure),

Then,

You have to asign it to Item category by VUP2

Note : Currently there is WARNING MSG in version ecc 5.0, check in your case.

Kapil

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Rathan Kumar

As far as I know for Item Incomplete procedure I have added field "KWMENG" with 
Warning Indicator set but even then iam not getting error when entering material 
with out quantity.

Pls be informed that SAP is giving the option of warning only for Incompletion procedure not error

This is because SAP allows you that there will be some fields which will be incomplete during creation say PO number or order reason in return order That information may not be available during creation but can be filled later in change mode in VA02 transaction on a later date

It is not logically correct to stop with error if any data is incomplete during creation itself

Coming to your issue how we will be doing a sales order

We will give order type then sales area and sold to party and PO number ( if reqd )

Then the materail and qty

Say you are entering material A then not entering the qty pressing enter

System will give warning message (even without the incompletion log set as per your confiuration)

Check that message no if V4 message type in t code OVAH you can convert the message from warning to error

Try this (remove your incomplete config and try)

Otherwise you need to use userexit to throw error when the qty is not entered and if anyone is trying to save the order

My suggestion in earlier post actually does this only, in another way

For your exact requirement you have to use userexit

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have tried checking the check box "Incomplete messages" even after this Iam able to enter material with out any quantity.

Is there any other settings at Item level which I may be missing.?

Regards,

Rathan

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried checking the check box "Incomplete messages" 
I am able to enter material with out any quantity.

Yes you can

But i have clearly mentioned in my previous post that you will not be able to save this sales order

Ultimately purpose gets solved

checking the check box "Incomplete messages" will control while saving the document there should be all the incomplete datas are entered

one of which is your is material qty

So without entering the qty the order will not get saved

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to the configuration details of that order type in t code VOV8 and tick the incomplete messages tick box in the transaction flow tab

With this the qty not given you will not be able to save this order

Regards

Raja