Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about a "hello world" mobile application for laptop

former_member336373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I just followed the tutorial to build a hello world mobile application for laptop.

What I did in backend: create one data object (myorder) in backend, create bapi wrappers (get_list, get_detail) and assign the wrapper adapter.

What I did in client: create mobile application for laptop, there's only a view to display the order list. In the node supply fundion, I get the collection from model.getXXXX(); and bind it to the node.

My problem now is, the backend end database has 2 rows, but I already got nothing when I run the application after sync with backend.

Anyone could help me on this? thanks so much.

Irene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might find this thread useful: []

Anyway,

1. Do you see data in the CDS? (you can forward navigate to the CDS in transaction SDOE_WB in your Mobile 7.1 system, by opening the relevant Data Object node)

2. Did you create, enable, and register your device?

3. Is the DMSWCV operational (check in the Device Administration page)?

4. Was data sent to the device outbound queue? Or are there pending extracts? (Again device admin page)

former_member336373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your reply.

1. In sdoe_wb, I can open the data object to see the nodes, adapters, but I don't know how to check the data. What is CDS?

2. I have already create, enable and registered my device.

3. I don't know how to check DMSWCV? could you please let me know how to do?

4. Same as 3, I don't know and haven't checked that.

Needs your help. Thanks so much.

BR, Irene

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

There are many steps need to be done in DOE in order to get data on the client. I am not sure what all steps you have already performed, so just for the sake of cross checking you can refer to the following link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8f/0b674240449c60e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

and then if you find any sort of confusion or problem, please revert back.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create any Distribution Model and any Distribution Rule?

Regards,

former_member336373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

thanks for your reply.

I haven't created any distribution rule (model) for my data object.

I just created one standard data object with get list and get detail bapi wrapper, and want to simply display them in the application.

Any idea about how to achieve that? Thanks.

BR, Irene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will have to create a distribution model and rule (atleast one bulk rule) which will distribute data to all devices (make device binding as all) and also create a logical device at the admin portal which will be linked to actual device.

finally after the rules are active and pending extract is triggered the data will be in out bound queue for the device to consume it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click-on Data Object and Create Distribution Model. Then, create a Bulk Rule if you want to get data with no criteria fields. In the wizard, select option ALL for step Device Binding in order to the Data Objects are distributed to all the devices.

Now activate and generate and go to mobile Administration page and select Administration > Distribution Rule Administration.

Select the Rule and activate.

Regards,