cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Connection between OPC UA and SAP ERP/ECC?

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

As far as i learnt that we need to use SAP PCo and SAP MII to build up the bridge between OPC UA based system and SAP ECC.

But i wonder if there is any solution for the same (to connect OPC UA based system directly with SAP ERP) without PCo/MII. I found this link http://www.opc-to-sap.com/index.asp as one of them.

Here my question is which one solution is the recommended one to integrate OPC UA based system with SAP ERP?

Regards

Som

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Som,

I haven't looked at the link but for quiet sometime one of the solutions that is around for this purpose is SAP ODA (OPC Data Access) which I think is a bunch of functions that enable the communication between SAP R/3 & OPC Servers.

I am sure ther'll be a tonne of literature present on SAP ODA in this forum.

As far as recommendations go , that would entirely depend on your business case. If you are only and only interested in pushing some TAG data into SAP then maybe SAP ODA would be the way to go but with MII & MII/PCo you would get to do a lot more than just connectivity because you should never overlook the Intelligent aspect of the tool.

Hope this helps.

Udayan

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

Udayan

I think you missed the point - its about OPC UA (United Architecture), not DA (Data Access).

Anyway, i think too that we always should use the intelligence part of MII to do more needful and desired tasks including visualizing the events in forms of chart, tracking the downtime/errors occurred at source system, performing more data processing/calculations etc

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops!

Sorry about that.

I am going to go through that link now

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SujitKumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I am working on connecting SAP with OPC Communication server for the first time. Can you share some screen shots of configuration and sample source code to read the value from tags .

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Som,

Interesting question. OPC UA provides web services for tag data, so I am wondering how it works to link it directly to MII without OPC connector or PCo. I will do some research in our lab on this topic within the next weeks. If you have any experiences you want to share, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Konrad