cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher 6.40 connection to WAS logon group (SMLG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Has anyone successfully configured the Web Dipatcher to communicate to only to application servers define in logon groups?

We tried using parameter "wdisp/HTTPS/dest_logon_group" and made the value the name of the logon group name in SMLG however, the Web Dispatcher server still routes traffic to the database server. I've check SAP Notes and Help files and only found note 499327 which is for 6.10 and 6.20.

I enable the option on the attributes tab in SMLG to use 'Ext. RFC-enabled'. The configuration we have is a Load Balancer receives Internet traffic and hands the request off to one of two Web Dispatcher servers.

Below is a copy of our configuration file for the Web Dispatcher servers:

SAPSYSTEMNAME = <SID>

SAPSYSTEM = ##

rdisp/mshost = <Central Instance>

ms/http_port = 30##

wdisp/auto_refresh = 120

wdisp/max_servers = 100

wdisp/HTTPS/dest_logon_group = <Logon Group Name>

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=80##,TIMEOUT=3600

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=ROUTER,PORT=<SSL>,TIMEOUT=3600

icm/min_threads = 10

icm/max_threads = 50

icm/max_conn = 750

mpi/total_size_MB = 100

mpi/buffer_size = 65536

Regards,

Lincoln Warner

(410) 716-2962

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lincoln,

Have you activated sap/public/icf_info and ICM service in the SICF (along with the nodes under it). It should be activated to provide info on the logon groups to the Web Dispatcher (assuming that you didn't change wdisp/group_info_location )

You can get a better idea what is wrong with the config if you run 'sapwebdisp pf=<profile> -checkconfig' and examine results.

Also the OSS note 552286 can be helpful.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the information. I do have both icf_info and icman service activated. My understanding is this is not needed if you are configured for End-to-End SSL (PROT=Router). However, I did activate both service prior to my posting.

I also when over the note for troubleshooting Web Dispatcher. There is a note for 6.20 configuration 449327 however, it doesn't appear the profile parameter wdisp/url_map_location works.

I'll keep digging and will let you how the issue was resolved.

Regards,

Lincoln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I saw your mail and was experiencing exactly the same problem. Has been resolved in the meantime ?

Kinfd regards Holger

Answers (0)