cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send data payload in alert mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

for interface Idoc to Legacies, we receive many alerts due to incorrect data.

Is it possible in the alerts received in inbox to systematically show directly in mail some specific fields of sent idoc that generated error (in example for idoc MATMAS, field MATNR, VKORG, VTWEG). ?

This because all errors come from that these data are incomplete (not missing).

Thanks a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achive it by using simple UDF...check the blog..

/people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-building-attachment-and-message-body-content-using-a-simple-udf

Also go through this thread...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for replies.

Christophe, could you elaborate 'in case of pb raise and alert', because if there is a mapping issue, how can this trigger the mapping making the call? Since the treatment should be stopped when mapping error right ?

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I've done in some of your JAVA mappings : in the StreamTransformationException catch block, I use a RFC lookup to call the SALERT_CREATE (or any other RFC compliant module that could be used to raise alerts in a SAP system) function ...

Thus, each time a mapping fails (because field is not filled correctly, or whatsoever), I can raised explicit alerts in a backend system

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could add a mapping that will take care of structure / field / values verification, and if sthg is wrong then raise an alert using RFC lookups (ie, call SALERT_CREATE) with the relevant details of the error

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks all for replies.

No we are not using BPM.

So there is no way to use 'classic' alert mails to contain data ?

If I refer to the blog XI Mail Adapter : Dynamically building attachment and message body content using a simple UDF, it is a bit more like a report that is triggered when the interface is triggered, not when we have errors, right ? Plus it has to be added in the scenario of the interface.

Thanks a lot again,

Jamal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So there is no way to use 'classic' alert mails to contain data ?

no...not at least (standard configuration) till PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

Without using the BPM I don't think it is possible.

If you want to use BPM check this link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Augastine for reply, could you please be a bit more specific ?

Kind regards,

Jamal

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

I think Augustine is referring to this blog of Michal. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

But then you need to go for BPM. Are you using BPM in this interface? Without BPM this is going to be a little difficult, as I would suggest you to do some ABAP development to get the same

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement can be achieved using a BPM i.e. raise the alerts from BPM......there is a blog by Michal on this topic please refer it.

Normal alert configuration cannot include payload in the alert message.

Regards,

Abhishek.

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

Use Container Variables to create dynamic messages

Regards,

J Augastine