cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to customize a adapter (PI7.1)(not adapter module)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PI experts:

i want to develop a adapter to fulfill the user' requirements,my pi version is pi7.1,and had download the sample adapter code,it's a zip file which contents some java class. and i now i have a double about developing the adapter:

1.which project type do i create for the adapter,is general java project or EJB project?

2.in the adapter project , where can i coding.

3.i don't kown what i must implement int the adapter project ,for example there may be some configuration.

do anyone had developed own adapter,could you tell me how to develop a adapter.

thaks very mutch!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If you know a bit of PI 7.0 adapters then SAPNote no. 1004000 is enough for Adapter development in PI 7.1.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil:

i had read the SAPNote no. 1004000 , it's helpful,but have no much information to guide me to develope adapter,

but thinks for you response.

best regards

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I think there are very few help for PI 7.1 but I guess you will find considerable help for PI 7.0 adapter development.

hy don,t you look for that and then change that code for PI 7.1 ?

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Adapter development for both PI7.0 and PI7.1 has limited resources.

You must have come across this SAP Documentation from help.sap.com:

[Adapter and Module Devlopment|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

This is a complete reference for understanding the Adapter framework.

Download the example Adapter from the mentioned links on the above page and try understanding and relating the java objects with the adapter frameworj and JCA.

You surely need a Java Project for the Adpater development.

You'll need to write a build file to compile it into a rar file and then toa deployable SDA. Thats the way with the example adapter.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alka:

thanks for your response.

best regards

rubens_he
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah,I think i have got the same problem,but there is no exactly answers.I wander if anybody who has solved the problem could give us a hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog could be a good place to start : /people/rinku.gangwani/blog/2008/07/16/customized-adapter-module

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christophe:

this blog is about developing adapter module,but thanks always for your response.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oooops my apologies ! So I guess you've already searched for blogs or articles about that topic ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christophe :

never mind. yes ,i know how to develop a adapter module, but i don't know how to create own adapter,i found there are few materials to introduce developing adapter at sdn ,i expect someone can give me relational information.

thanks and best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christophe :

never mind. yes ,i know how to develop a adapter module, but i don't know how to create own adapter,i found there are few materials to introduce developing adapter at sdn ,i expect someone can give me relational information.

thanks and best regards

Edited by: kevin liang on Jan 12, 2010 1:45 AM