Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display error text instead of "Bufer table not..." popup

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Due to the below mentioned errors

1. Organization O XXXXXXXX is not a purchasing group; Inform system administartot

2. System of purchasing organization O XXXXXXXX and purchasing group O XXXXXXXX differ

We were getting the "Buffer table not up to date" popup in BBP_PD_SC_CREATE FM.

After fixing the above errors it is not giving the popup but my question is....

Is it possible to display actual error message text instead of the buffer table popup so that the user knows what is the problem..?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not likely. This particular error message is commonly presented with message type "A" meaning it is usually a fatal error and the system is impossible to recover by itself. Since there are quite a number of scenarios where the application should be stopped unconditionally, it is the design of the SRM application to throw this generic error message simply as an indication that a fatal/critical error has occurred. Of course, the text itself is confusing and meaningless, but you could treat it as if it says "Fatal error. Process terminated."

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

The error occured in the Function Group BBP_PDORG and FORM CHECK_PROC_ORG_AND_GROUP

At line no.165

CALL FUNCTIO 'BBP_OM_READ_PURCH_GRP_BE'
             EXPORTING 
                         iv_objid = lv_org_id
            IMPORTING
                        et_backend_its = lt_ekgrp
            EXCEPTIONS
                       internal_error = 1
                       no_authority = 2
                       *invalid_function = 3*
                       OTHERS = 4  .

IF sy-subrc NE 0 .
lv_msgv1 = iv_proc_group .

CASE sy-subrc .

WHEN 3.
CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PD_MSG_ADD'
           EXPORTING
                i_msgtyp = c_msgtyp_e    <---Message type is E
                i_msgid   = bbp_pd
                i_msgno  = 404
                i_msgv1 = lv_msgv1
           EXCEPTIONS
                log_not_found = 1
                OTHERS          = 2 .

IF sy-subrc <> 0.
 PERFORM abort.
ENDIF.

IF c_on = c_off .  +<----Dont know the purpose of this line coz this ll never get executed.+
MESSAGE e404(bbp_pd) with lv_msgv1 .
ENDIF.  
ENDIF.

Do you have any idea if we modify the standard code to skip the BBP_PD_MSG_ADD calling part and change c_on = c_off to c_on NE c_off , how will the system behave?

Will it display the error text or go for a dump?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it display the error text or go for a dump?

The error you copied will be displayed as a normal error message with text inside the message area, not a dump.

The idea behind c_on=c_off is to have a way to enable the "where-use" function for that message.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

How can I see the actual error text when the buffer table... popup comes.

We dont have debugging rights in production environment, is there a log or something where I can see the error?

I checked in SLG1, no info about it there.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont have debugging rights in production environment, is there a log or something where I can see the error?

Sadly no. You might need to trace the process, possibliy via ST01, ST05, etc if you have the authorization. But no system log would keep it clearer than the "buffer table not up to date" error.

But from what I see in the codes you copied in a previous post, that was not going to give you this error. It was an explicit error. Or have I misunderstood you?

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

As I said in my first post, only after fixing BBP_PD-404 and BBP_PD-518 errors the popup stopped appearing .

So basically there is no way to see the actual error text if there are no debugging rights in production?

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav