cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category Usage for Material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Can you tell me what is the item category usage for material determination?? PSA1 or PSA2??

When we maintain condition record for material determination (T.Code - VB11), we just give the material and alternative material.

If I need to add the main material as Free item, i need to do assignment of item category. I am confused which "usage" is relevant??

Like CSEL is usage for cross-selling.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiiii

Praveen,

As per my understanding you want to give ur main material as free, here is question wheather you are giving same material as free and chargable or main material with other material free.

So here you should use Item usgae FREE

When you maintain the material determination T-Code VB11

if you want to give main material free with other material them enter other material in Material Enter field. and create sales order with other material system will purpose main material as free. If you want to maintain main material free with other material then maintain main material free as well altranative.

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without ITEM USAGE also you can maintain the condition records

The USAGEs PSA1 & PSA2 are used along with the substitution reasons in the material determination

If you want the substitution reason to re-determine at the Delivery level, then use the Reason as A in which PSHP & PSEL are the item usages for Main and sub items

If you wan the substittion reason to copy same as the Order to delivery then use the reason as B in which PSA1 is usage for MAIN and PSA2 is the usage for the subitem.

Please check and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the FREE as the usage

Regards