cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether XI is capable of Decrypting the documents that are been coming from the external sources?

Whether its a good idea to install the Decrypting logic in the XI BOX or whether we have to do outside the XI box?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

I do not believe payload encrypt/decrypt (e.g. via PGP) is currently available in XI.

I know of 2 ways this can be one, both require java programming.

You can develop an J2EE Adapter User-Module, or a java mapping program. The private/public keys can be stored in the J2EE or external sources (e.g. database table, files).

User-module is more flexible, as you can provide parameters and make it generic. There are several blogs on SDN on developing user-modules.

Java mapping is easier to develop, but not as flexible.

Good luck,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William. In our present scenario, the Encrypted document arrives just outside our Firewall. And a

script-I Picks the Encrypted Document and brings inside our Firwall.

Now another script-II runs that decrypts the document and places the decrypted file in a folder, where xi can poll and do further processing.

My question here is, if XI is capable of doing Decryption, why we want a separate script to do this?

Would you please explain me?

Also could you tell me the blogs where I can learn to develop the User-Modules

Thanks.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

XI has some of the methods for the Encryption and Decryption . It is in message level security. It is based on private key and public key concepts. I think you need to do some settings in Visual Admin.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/c91141e109ef6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Gurus - could you please give me a lead?

Thanks.