cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting BI 7.0 to MSSQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We have a scenario to connect an External Database MS SQL Server 2005 with BI 70 SR2 Server.

The platform details are as follows :-

BI 7.0 SR2

Oracle 10.0.2.8 Database

AIX 5.3

When we were on an older platform BW 3.5 we had installed an Windows Application Server for connecting to SQL Server.

I was told that in the latest system BI 7.0 it is possible to connect to SQL Server via AIX.

Now when i raised a message to SAP , they tell me that it is necesary to have an Windows Application Server.

If any one has connected an BI 7.0 on AIX to MS SQL Server 2005 , Please let me know.

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well as per SAPs recommendation , we ahd to set up a seperate Application Sever in a Windows Enviroenment and get it synced with AIX (CI) through SAMBA Software.

We were able to connect to MS SQL Database via the Windows Application Software.

It really doesn't make Sense in having a seperate OS in a landscape for a single scenario.

SAP should rethink its startergy on connection to MS SQL databases via UNIX Environments .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm not familiar with AIX, but if you want to access an external DB from BI you should be able to set up a DB Connect Source System in RSA1. Or are you trying to access BI from the external DB?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

for MS SQL database, windows application server is required. I never heard of MS SQL DB & AIX OS combination.

Please visit https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/pam, here you will see for SQL only Windows OS is supported.

Best Regards

Imran