cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Freight to item Freight (How to configure)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

A customer has a requirement to allocate the freight, he wants to input the header Freight, for example 100 USD.

Then, system automatically calculate based on certain rules (for example, by weight, by value, by volume) to item lines.

(Which is the vice versa of the general way to collect freight)

The reason behind is that in their process, they got the freight amount from the transportation vendor for a certain amount and they want to charge to the customer for that amount, and they want to know how the freight is for each item line.

Could anyone help to tell me how to configure?

Should I do something in price procedure or condition type, or both, or more?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Raj and Kapil,

I knew to click both item and header condition in condition type to rewrite each other, also group condition should be clicked.

But I found it still cannot re-calculate freight, for example, I input 100 USD and system will not calculate and re-write to item condition amount by weight/volume/value as I needed it to be.

And I found it should be configured in Price Procedure for certain condition type, the 'Caltype' and other columns (maybe) should be maintained, otherwise system just copy header conditon to item condition without re-calculation*.

*Re-calculation here, I mean I input 100USD, for example, item 10 is 10kg, item 20 is 30kg, so in item condition, it should be 25usd for item 10 and 75usd for item 20, but I tested failed to realize this, it just copy from header condition.

That's why I back to check the configuration, and found that seems in Proce Procedure, something need to be configured, or anything else I missed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(for example, by weight, by value, by volume),

In V/06 >>> select condition type KF00 (frieght) >>> go to details >>> Maintain calculation type - D (Weight).

Also tick mark to Header condition as well as Item condition

Include this condition type in u r priceing procedure,

In sales order if you maintained frieght price at item level then it will appear at header level to,

If you maintained at Header level, Then it will appear at item level to, it will distribute the frieght price depends uppon weight.

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Jan 11, 2010 5:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fnd,

You need to Pick the Freight Condition type based on Certain Parameters ,But it can not be Possible Header condition type (B'coz it doesn't Access sequence).

You can have one option...you make the freight condition type as header and item condition in Condition type,assign the access sequence and maintain the condition type...

When ever parameters satisfies ,system will update the freight condition type in both header and item...if your requirment (*> The reason behind is that in their process, they got the freight amount from the transportation vendor for a certain amount and they want to charge to the customer for that amount, and they want to know how the freight is for each item line.

> *)met then go to Header and change the freight value.

Regards

raj.