cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Requirement for SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone suggest any note / other resource which gives inputs on which Tablespaces needs to increase and app. upto

how much , before running SGEN ? we NW 7 ECC 6.0.

I searched on notes regarding SGEN but, I couldn't find any specific which will tell me the name and estimation of space req.

on specific tables. The one I remember is PSAP<SID>700 ..but, I am not sure about others.

Any / ALL inputs are welcome and greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

- Rupen Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends upon the reason of running SGEN for one of the following, normally 20% should be enough.

1) Are you Generating all Objects of Selected Software Components

2) After an System Upgrade for al Software Components like SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA ....

3) Regenrating from last run

4) Regenrating only existing Loads etct many more options but these are major reosons one wants to run SGEN.

Make sure to run as a Background

Maku sure to switch Off Archive Mode using BRTOOLS or make arrangements to Backup with minimum possible Intervals.

Make Sure there is enough space in Archive Directory

Normally Jobs are scheduled in Parallel

Hope this helps.

regards...yogi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no space requirement needed if you run your SGEN with archive off option.Its always recoomended to make the archive off while running the SGEN to avoid the space issues.

With respect to tablespace if all tablespace are within 80% of utilisation there should not be any concern for the same.Also in case ant table space got full you can increase it in between.So no need to worry about it.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends upon the reason of running SGEN for one of the following, normally 20% should be enough.

1) Are you Generating all Objects of Selected Software Components

2) After an System Upgrade for al Software Components like SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA ....

3) Regenrating from last run

4) Regenrating only existing Loads etct many more options but these are major reosons one wants to run SGEN.

Make sure to run as a Background

Maku sure to switch Off Archive Mode using BRTOOLS or make arrangements to Backup with minimum possible Intervals.

Make Sure there is enough space in Archive Directory

Normally Jobs are scheduled in Parallel

Hope this helps.

regards...yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupen,

The space is varialble and proportional to the number of patches applied.so there is no standard to calculate the space.

Well, if you carefully see the status bar before going to the last screen in SGEN, it will show you the approximate space required.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that your database is Oracle...

If your tablespaces freespace is around 20%, you wont need to increase it atleast for SGEN.

But one thing you should take care is that It will keep feeling your "ORAARCH" directory.

There are 2 option to control it...

Either manually backup oraarch directory or turn off archivelog on database (you can use brtools to do this).

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally SGEN should be run after installation or SP stack upgrade. The space required for SGEN depend on what kind of patches you applied, it mean how much changes required to update on repository objects.

Generally 20 to 30% space is enough.

Best Regards

Imran