SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion : Selecting Articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the folloing standard process of creating a promotion in SAP

1. Goto T-code WAK1.

2. Enter the Article No, Promotio Price, Date Range, Promotion Qty and other fields.

3. Save the promotion

4. Subsequent Processing

This works fine incase the no of Articles are less.

My client has a new promotion every week, with more than 50,000 articles on promotion at any given point of time.

It is required to be able to select articles for promotion based on some analytics like, past sales performance, Stock on Hand, etc etc. As far as i know standard SAP does not provide any such functionality.

What they currently do. Run a BW report and get data in Excel. Copy the data from excel to Article field in WAK1.

Any solution than can be proposed here. Basically I am looking to integrate Analytics with promotion, where what articles need to be promoted are selected based on the selection criteria given by the user.

Cheers

Barry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

there is an integration of BW into some other processes like allocation via transaction MCW_AA.

In my opinion (depending on the detailed business requirements), there are to possible ways (high level)::

- First, maybe you could use the Price Planning Workbench. There is an integration of BW where the proposals, which articles should be reduced in price, should come out of BW. From PPW, you can also create promotions.

- Second, you could use transaction MCW_AA and use the integration to BW there. Then, design and develop an customer transaction based on WAK1, where this integration is used.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

there is an integration of BW into some other processes like allocation via transaction MCW_AA.

In my opinion (depending on the detailed business requirements), there are to possible ways (high level)::

- First, maybe you could use the Price Planning Workbench. There is an integration of BW where the proposals, which articles should be reduced in price, should come out of BW. From PPW, you can also create promotions.

- Second, you could use transaction MCW_AA and use the integration to BW there. Then, design and develop an customer transaction based on WAK1, where this integration is used.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi TK,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you give me some details on how i can use t-code MCW_AA to integrate BW with applications like Allocation and probably Promotions.

I understood the BW side of it, bit not how it links to Allocation / Promotions.

Thanks

Barry

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

you can use transaction MCW_AA as in the following way:

1. Define a Query in BI (e.g. depending on article number and store numbers, determine a sales quota of the article for each store; example: sales store 1 3 pce, sales store 2 7 pce, which makes 30% for store 1 and 70% for store 2)

2. Link this Query in BI to SAP Retail - Allocation

3. While creating an allocation, you can use allocation strategies, which use the query defined in MCW_AA to determine your allocation quantities. The system takes the information in the allocation table (which articles, which stores, which overall quantity), gives it into BI (by using the defined query), takes back the results and determines the single store quantities.

Example: you would like to allocate 20 pcs. of the article mentioned above. If you use the allocation strategie defined above, the system would distribute the 20 pcs in a relation of 3/7, which would be 6 pcs for store 1 and 14 pcs for store 2.

I hope, this explanation is understandable.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Do you know if there are any BI standard content queries?