cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a doubt regarding Number Ranges Transportation.

I have created a number ranges say for ex': ze : 9000000 to 9499999 and transported this manually adding this number range object to the Quality sytem.

But to my surprise or overlook i see the the a number range already existsZD: 9400001 to 9999999 and current 94008938

even after transporting the number range, the object in quality still stands the same.

What will be the impact, if any body can explain or suggest any help note on this.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note that number ranges should not be transported at all. You need to manually create in each system . ITs a pain ful process but no other way !!

For your problem , even if u delete the existing number ranges series "9400001 to 9999999 and current 94008938" line in VN01,

since there are already exiting documents in the system( check in se16 > table vbrk or vbak ) for that numbers , systm will give dump when trying to create one more doc of same range.

To handle this :

1. Create a new series all together after verifying in quality and production . Mostly in production there will be no such problems as it is a new system .

2. Or give the "From" range starting one number ahead from the current number . For eaxmple , in your case , give the "From" as 94008939 and "To " as 9999999. This will make sure that while generating the document number , there is no conflict with doc number already present in database.

Hope this helps ..

B O L ... !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want the Number ranges to be displayed in similar to the Development in Quality , first you have to Delete the NUMBER RANGE OBJECT in the Target system ( in your case in Quality ) and then transport to have the same number range objects

If you are transporting the Number ranges object from one client to another you have to first delete the Target system number ranges object , since the number ranges can't be overwritten in the Target system

Please do this and revert back

regards,

santosh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The no. range NEVER transported, it is created in the particuler client whether it is Production / Quality or sandbox client. Only the No. Range Object get transprted.

So in your case the Object ZE will get transported and now if you need a no. range for that maintain the same in that Particuler client. No. range should not overlap with already existing no. range.

Regards

Amitesh Anand