cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a basis admin can help with GRC except install/upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our basis team installs and upgrades GRC.

However when coming to the support for GRC, we are not sure where to draw the border line between

basis team and security team.

What is the responsibility of basis team in GRC area?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

As of my experience, when coming to support, Security team should be responsible for that. When coming to troubleshoot, at Operating system level or in backend, security team can take the help of Basis team. Though there is no clearcut boundary line between the two, But I felt for enduser support, it should be the security team, which should be responsible. Because they support all the end user activity of Access control. Basis team provides the additional support to the security, when troubleshootig the errors happening when accessing the application (Access Control) either by the end user or the Security Team.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gurugobinda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

There is no real clear cut answer for this! Where do you draw the line for the other ERP systems?

It really depends on your own support structure and the skills of the individuals. I would ask your Application Support Mgr to confirm / define the remit with those involved.

Having said that, I would suggest that the technical landscape management and connectors would lend itself to the basis / netweaver analysts role. You may also want them to deal with the assignment of the webservices and the connectivity of the components to each other.

The functional configuration would tend to lend itself to the security team though as I expect that they would be more business focussed and be able to design the way in which the tools should be used by the business.

I hope this helps?

Simon