cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control monitoring alerts- RAR 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've few mitigating controls in palce with frequency in reports tab as 1. I'm sure that the action given in the reports tab was not executed in the backend system by the monitor but still I do not get alterts for control monitoring in Alert monitor tab. Please advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you scheduled the background jobs for Control Monitoring Alerts generation ?(RAR - configuration tab- background job-alert generation - action monitoring and alert notifications) . If so please check the frequency of the background jobs and their status.

Regards

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The periodic job I've scheduled is running fine. I can see alerts for conflicting action and Critical action but not for Control monitoring. Frequency is set to 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any users mitigated by the controls?

It may require that a user is assigned to the control before the alert is generted?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon. User is assigned to control but still control monitoring alerts are not coming in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am facing the same issue...Dear experts...please suggest

Regards

Abhijeet

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If I'm not mistaken, the monitor needs to execute the report at least once before the alert will pick it up.

Yes, I know... ;/(

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Frank we followed the note 1088483 - and the monitor has run the transaction once in the backend but still control monitoring alerts do not come in. Unfortunately we have to wait for one complete day to check anything as the frequency is in days. Had the frequency been in hrs. then checking would have been easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We made some progress with this. Yesterday I created a new mitigating control this time with riskid as F006*. And today I got the control monitoring alert. I guess the problem was earlier I gave all 9 chanrecters in the risk id field while creating mitigating control. Looks like RAR will not trigger control minitoring alert if you mention 9 character riskid in the mitigating control. If you have other views on this please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz. note the correction:

It is not 9 character or 5 character risk id that makes the difference. I was not getting control monitoring alert because the 9 character riskid I specified in the mitigating control was a permission level rule id and SAP says that from 5.3 onwards permission rules are not considered for any analysis. So we have to mention the riskid with * or we can specify the action level rule id to receive the control monitoring alerts.