cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallelism of queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is parallelism of ques used only when QOS is EO ? When do we use it ? Do we use it when the size of messages are large or when the number of messages exceed a particular number ? I have read parallel queues overload the system and use more resources. So when do we use it so as to optimize the performance of XI system ? Is it same for outbound and inbound parallel queues ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajit

Certainly Parallelism is comes under Performance Tuning to increase the processing capabilities and make use of resource to the best. Depend on your requirement...you can configure both Inbound & Oubound for parallelism using below parameters.

Queue parallelism is used to control resource (CPU) consumption on the Integration Server. To optimize resource usage, configure the least number of queues that allows CPU utilization at near 100%.

TUNING - EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL

TUNING - EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND

I hope this answer your queries.

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Consider youu2019ve got 1000 messages with QoS EO to be processed. So at Integration Engine, these messages will be placed in a queue for processing. But remember its queue. Processing will be one by one. A queue processing 1000 messages one after another is certainly very painful....isnt it??

Parallel processing allows Integration Engine to utilise system resources in an efficient manner. We can have more queues processing due message in parallel.

Below parameters are used for this.

1. EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL

This parameter will decide number of queues used for processing at inbound channel of Integration server. XI uses random algorithm to determine four-digit number. With the value of this parameter, we define the limit for this number.

Consider below scenario,

EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL : 4

Inbound Queue : XBTI<four digit number=00 to n-1>

So the limit for four-digit number is 4 and Integration Server will generate 4 inbound queues....

2.EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL

As you can guess, this parameter decides the level of parallel processing for outbound queues. Itu2019s value determines the no. of outbound queues created for processing messages at Integration Server outbound channel.

So the format of outbound queues will be u2013

XBTO<four-character encryption of receiver><four digit number=00 to n-1>

Consider,

EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL = 10

Encrypted name =H___

Total 10 queues starting from XBTOH_0000 to XBTOH_0009 will be created.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is parallelism of ques used only when QOS is EO

When the QoS is EOIO we define the corresponding queue and the message gets processed in that queue....take the example of file channel.....however when the QoS is EO we need to maintain the queues (prioritize)

Do we use it when the size of messages are large or when the number of messages exceed a particular number ?

We can say the above is partly correct. We use parallel (prioritize) queues when we want to process messages according to their importance (read priority). When a bunch messages enter XI/ PI, they are processed randomly (EO)....in this case it may happen that some message of high importance gets processed at the end.....this may not be desirable.....so in order to handle such cases we define separate queues and assign them to a particular message processing.

By default the processing in XI happens paralelly (independent of the QoS)...... so a bit confused about what you are exactly looking for....is it parallel processing or is it about queue prioritization?

Regarsd,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek

What I actually meant was how to set value for this parameter TUNING - EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL. I thought parallel queues come into the picture only when the value for this is set. I mean this as well as EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL is set in Integration Engine Configuration in SXMB_ADM.

Again I think setting value for EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT sets the upper limit for the max size to be sent through IS. Like if we set it at a figure then all files with more size will go the larger queues. Is that correct ?

I would like to know how to set the parameter for these two TUNING paramters

Ajith

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below link,

as per my understanding we use Parallelism of queues to handle bulk/big messages,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f09c5208-5d59-2a10-76b8-b968c4449...

Regards,

Raj