Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert file name to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have scenario from File to RFC.

I need to insert to one of the XML tag in RFC the file name.

I try to implement the Michael blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

But I received this error message:

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /ns1:ZXI_INV_VISIBILITY_VALIDATE/INPUT_FILE/item/INV_TYPE. The message is: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._inventory_visibilty_Validate_MM_ method filename$[, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@1ca63f6]

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance for you help

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the error message the problme is in filed INV_TYPE. Just take the inbound payload from MONI and then in message mapping check where this filed get fails. Right click on the mappings of INV_TYPE field and look display queue there you can find the exact problem.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarvesh,

Thank you for you answer.

When I display the queue I received this error:

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._inventory_visibilty_Validate_MM_ method filename$[, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@1eebb53]

And I'm not understand exctly what is the problem.

Thank you agein for you help

Elad

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

note that dynamic conf. cannot be tested by independent mapping test. It would work only during end to end.

Also check the syntax of the UDF you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to see the results in mapping under Test Tab then you will get the error because...

Dynamic Configuration only shows the results at run time So do the end-to-end testing then you can see actual results.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I found the error in test tab in mapping area.

Where is "end-to-end" monitoring?

In RWB the message is in status "WAITING" maybe there I can find the exect problem?

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. Actually what I wnated to say by end-to-end testing was, that you test your scenario in a regular way. e.g just put the file in source dir and let the sender CC pick the file etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender take the filen but the message stuck in "wating" status in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

for waiting state of message means either receiving system is not ready or there are some messages which are into system error state under RWB message monitoring. Please calcel all System Error messags from RWB.

Secondly in MONI you can check if your target file was mapped with file name or not.

Also check the queus by SMQ1 & SMQ2, if something got stuck there then you need to clear it. Check in both in PI & in R3.

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Jan 10, 2010 3:26 PM

Answers (0)