cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax jurisdiction in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in EBP 4.0 , classic scenario. We have TAXWARE in R/3 and we have implemented BAdI ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS to use tax jurisdiction in delivery address for tax calculation.

However SC created PO in R/3 used tax jurisdiction in account assignment or plant instead of tax jurisdiction in delivery address.

Does any one know why PO created through EBP did not go though BAdI ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS? Is there a way to debug in R/3 ?

Thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Please look at the notes 881086, 657146 and 903259. This may help you out. even I have recently started the same to achieve. will update you on this.

Regards,

Smita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Notes provided by Smita are the ones I answered in one of his question (for which we had no reply):

But in your case, this seams to be a different situation: the BADI ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS would not be called during the PO creation.

Do you use BAPI_PO_CREATE or BAPI_PO_CREATE1 ?

What is your R/3 release ?

Check following notes about tax juridiction code and delivery address:

945631 Anlieferadressen BAPI_PO_CREATE1/BAPI_PO_CHANGE

793583 Tax Jurisdiction code from address number

673346 BAPI: External number assignment and tax jurisdiction code

661915 BAPI tax jurisdiction code is not determined

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

We use 4.6C.

My EBP support said PO is created by the function module BBP_INTERPRETE_DATA which is called from EBP.

How can found out we use use BAPI_PO_CREATE or BAPI_PO_CREATE1?

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

you can correct your EBP support: BBP_INTERPRETE_DATA is only one of the numerous RFC functions used by SRM. For instance, it is used to determined which type of object we can create for each SC item: RS, PR or PO.

In classic scenario, SRM uses BAPI_PO_CREATE or BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

For a backend 4.6C, the choice is made in SRM function <b>B46C_PO_CREATE</b>. At the beginning BAPI_PO_CREATE1 was created to handle country specific data (like Brazilian Nota fiscal, tax juridiction codes...).

So by default BAPI_PO_CREATE is used, except for Brazil & India, that must use BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

So you are actually using BAPI_PO_CREATE (if your requestor are not BR or IN).

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing:

BAPI_PO_CREATE1 was created in R/3 4.6C but not released.

It was fully released in R/3 4.7, for which it becomes the normal BAPI for PO creation (especially for US tax juridiction codes).

And I think your user exit is called in BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and not in BAPI_PO_CREATE...

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am still sruggling with this TAX issue. I will reply in that thread so that i can reward point to you for your answers

Kind Regards,

Smita