Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto mail alert on ID lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to send auto mail alerts to user when the ID is locked due to incorrect logon attempts or advance mail alert if the ID is about to expire in couple of days.....I was expecting that SAP ECC provides standard way to deal with this as any other application....

It so happens that the user comes to know about the ID expiration on the day when he tries to logon and the pain going through support process waiting for day to get it resolved.......There should be proactive way to deal with this kind of situation so that the user is alerted in advance without causing business impact waiting for it to be resolved...

Any suggestions on how this can be achieve???

Regards,

Milan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing in standard, but it is very easy to implement on your own if you need it. I also found a way to lock / unlock in intervals (try the factory calendar...) and the user BAPI's can do just about anything which SU01 can do as well.

A downside to that which you are attempting is that a mail alert to tell someone that their password has been locked or is about to be locked would "trigger" them to logon only for the purpose of keeping the account alive. Some people do this anyway and is the wrong motivation for a person to keep their user ID in the system. So your users will start appearing to be more active, where in fact they are not actually using the system.

If for your levels of user activity and intervals (e.g. quarterly planning) the policy is too strict, then you can either relax the policy or use user groups to isolate one of them as an execption.

There was at least one question asked before which provided many details on how and why to do this. Just make a simple search.

Cheers,

Julius

> Total Questions: 46 (42 unresolved)

Please clean up your neglected questions. The "Comment" field is not mandatory when closing a thread (to avoid bumping all ancient irrelevant questions to the top of the forum again).

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to add that SAP provide [a nice document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/668e6629-0701-0010-7ca0-994cb7dec5a3] with API description. It's a shame that there is no workflow event for user modification.

Cheers

0 Kudos

One more comment. As you know there is an audit class "User master change" in security audit. So I though about it and there should be one FM which is called for any user master data change. I had a look at BAPI BAPI_USER_LOCK and found FM RSAU_WRITE_USER_AUDIT_LOG. It calls C routine which creates an audit record. So if SAP uses this FM for all changes then you can use implicit enhancement point and call your FM whenever this FM is called. For example you can just simply create a workflow event.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

It so happens that the user comes to know about the ID expiration on the day when he tries to logon and the pain going through support process waiting for day to get it resolved

If this is the real problem, then I suggest to implement Single sing on with active directory so that users can always use their windows (or other operating system) password to login to SAP.

Single sign on helps in many ways like user productivity and decreasing the support costs.

Regards,

Gowrinadh