cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can receive the response from vendor's site?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the following scenario.

Sending XML payload (Request) PI 7.1 and then to vendor's web site via SOAP Adapter.

ECC <-> PI <-> Vendor's Site

Once vendor's web site received our payload ,they will update their system and they will write the response to the same session, from where they received the request (payload).

In their servlet they get the output stream from the HttpResponse object and write to that stream.

For eg.

public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)  {
                        PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(response.getOutputStream());
                                    out.println(< Any Response message>);

Now, do I need to create new communication channel (Sender)?

My service interface has request, response, and fault roles. Also its mode is synchronies. But I couldn't get vendor response.

How can I get my vendor response now?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i let PI to check the response till getting xml message from the vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have checked the messages from workbench and it shows we received somthing.

But it is empty and i expect to receive xml message after 1-3 min from sending .

Any comments please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all cofigs. are ok but i believe that there is some delay from the vendor more than one min(around 3 min).

So, is there a way to let our response to deal with this delay.

Thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now, do I need to create new communication channel (Sender)?

Only one sender channel will be required.....the one which gets the message from ECC......other will be the SOAP receiver channel.

In what format is ECC sending the request....it should be PROXY/ RFC since it is a synchronous call.

My service interface has request, response, and fault roles. Also its mode is synchronies. But I couldn't get vendor 
response.

Are both the (outbound and inbound) services interfaces defined as Synchronous?

Is the proper wsdl imported in ESR from the vendor?

Are you atleast able to see some response node generated in the processing entry in SXMB_MONI?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a Webservice call to the vendor? or are you using HTTP?

create your inbound service interface as sync, and this should take care of your response in case it is a sync scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am using SOAP Adaptor.

BR,

Edited by: SAPER on Jan 10, 2010 11:32 AM