cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM error while updating solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting following error in JSPM while updating SP14 solution manager to SP17 .

Jan 10, 2010 1:03:35 AM [Info]: Dialog type InfoText with dialog name step displays dialog text <html>Could not obtain MBean server connection with host: hostname, p4Port: 50000 and username: J2EE_ADMIN.

com.sap.engine.services.jmx.exception.JmxConnectorException: Unable to connect to connector server.

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interface

s.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: x.x.x.x and port: 50000

]

com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: x.x.x.x and port: 50000

Anyidea how I can fix it ?

Thanks,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java stack was running in Safe mode because of previous issues.

Restarted in normla mode and then it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

instead of JSPM you can use SDM

before that you have to tell ,me whats your current suppot package level

rards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the port is correctly congiured with 50004 .

Any other input ?

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Are you able to login to SDM ?

You can apply the patches using SDM.

First please let me know if you are able to login to SDM.

Cheers

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Usually the p4port should be 5<xx>04 where xx is the instance number. But the error says p4port is 50000.

Login to Visual Admin and check the p4provider service under dispatcher node. If the port is 50000 then change it to 50004.

Then try again.

Cheers.....,

Raghu