Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

What must be the reason that sample size is not getting calculated inspite of following settings,

Use of Inspection plan

All MICs have sampling procedure tick

Sampling procedure is of fixed type with manual valuation mode

The status of inspection lot comes as REL CALC. (Plan is getting assigned to inspecction lot)

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As seen from the status this is Manually created lot, CALC Means the sample is calculated.

What is a lot size.? Where the sample is not getting calculated?

In QA02 -->sample button is Grey then sample size is calculated.

Regards

Sujit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sujit and Vishal,

Yes this is manually created lot.

1. Sample size displaying in QA02 is ZERO and sample button is grey.

2. The task list for this material contains 2 MICs. One is with single results while other with summerised result recording.

3. Sampling procedure is FIXED type and with 5 fixed samples. The lot size is 100.

4. While doing RR in QA32 it show 5 in inspect column which is ok.

My query is why it is not reflectin in sample size in QA02 or in QA32 layout. Am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your char must be "required Char" & not "Optional char"

In this case system will keep lot sample size as Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Do you mean in QA02, in sample tab, sample size is showing ZERO?

Is it for both the MICs?

Vishal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Perfect!

Sample size is getting calculated only if the MIC is ticked as required in control indicators. There are my further doubts. I would be very grateful to you if you can clarify the same.

1. In this case, lot size is 100, and sampling procedure contains 5 fixed samples.

2. Now, when I create lot of 100 through QA01, sample size is being determined as 10. (5 for MIC1 and 5 for MIC2 since inspection plan contains 2 MICs)

3. As per my understanding it should be 5 only no instead of 10? We are going to inspect only 5 and not 10, rather we put 10 readings but samples that we inspect are 5 only. What must be the system logic in this?

4. Also is there any impact if I convert all MICs from optional to required characteristic? We are not utlizing any status profile.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

3. As per my understanding it should be 5 only no instead of 10? We are going to inspect only 5 and not 10, rather we put 10

readings but samples that we inspect are 5 only. What must be the system logic in this?

This actually depends upon the

1.whether you are using "Destructive Insp"( control indicator of char)

2.have you ticked on "additive sample"

3.what is base unit sample that is Sample Quantity Factor for Sample( if it is 2 nos then sample size may get double)

4. Also is there any impact if I convert all MICs from optional to required characteristic? We are not utlizing any status profile.

Sorry I did not get you.it has nothing to do with the status profile.

if you convert all to require then Lot sample size will be calculated otherwise it will be zero.

Also in QA10 lot with require chars do not appear.That will be difference.

Regards

Sujit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

1. Yes I had ticked on additive sample. It wokrs ok if I remove that tick. Thank you.

2. Regarding tatus profile my query was,

I was worried, if I tick on required characteristc I can not give UD unless I record all the results. But that is not so. The indicator required, plays its role only if we customize status profile that appears in QA32. My requirement was UD should happen even if one does not record all results for required characteristic. Anyways my doubts have been clarified now. I am closing this thread.

Thank you very much for your kind support!

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the control indicaor of MICs, "Single recording" or "summarised recording"?

Vishal