cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the list of batch jobs running in a specific application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am trying to check in SM37 if there is any specific condition to get the list of batch jobs assigned to a specific target server but cant find any.

Is there is way to find the list of batch jobs assigned to run in one specific application server.( Target server specified in SM36 while job creation)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

One possibility is to check for BGD WP running in tcode SM66.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.This reply applies when the job starts running....

My query is i need to find the list of the jobs that are assigned to run in specific application server before the actual runs happens.(During creation of a job, target server is assigned with the specific application server).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is what you can do in SM37.

Execute the list of batch jobs, when the result appears on the screen edit the ALV grid via CTRL+F7.

Now add the following columns "TargetServ" and "Executing server".

You will now have two extra columns in your result list.

TargetServr contains the value of the application server where the job should run when you have explicitely filled it in.

Often this is empty, this means that at runtime SAP will determine itself on which application server the job will run (depending of course where the BGD processes are defined).

Executing server is filled in always for all executed jobs, this is the actual application server where the job has run.

You can also add these two fields in your initial selection screen of SM37 by using the "Extended job selection" button.

I hope this isusefull.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much but i cant find TARGET SERVER in the options available.I could only see EXECUTING SERVER.is there any other options available.kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This means that you have a rather old release of SAP, probably a 46x, target server is not available there in SM37.

There is however a workaround.

All header data for your batch jobs is stored in table TBTCO

Via SE16 you can view the table contents.

Field EXECSERVER contains the target server field.

Field REAXSERVER contains the executing server field.

I hope this helps, success.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much:))

Former Member

Hi Priyanka,

Goto SM37 --> Extended selection --> here you can select options ..even on target server basis.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Kumar Rathour

Answers (0)