cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS oracle 10 G patch is mandatory for ECC 6.0 SR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus,

Iam planning to setup production server in our land scape .. by problem is, our devopepment and quality servers are installed on 10G without any patches like 1.2 0.2 or 10.2 0.4. .. they are running smooth ly ,

is patch is mandatory for 10 g.. now can i install production system with 10 gpatch like 10.2.0.2 ..,if i do like this did i got any conflits .. bcos dev and qas are 10.2.0 and prd is in 10.2.0.2..

can u help in this matter..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"is patch is mandatory for 10 g.. now can i install production system with 10 gpatch like 10.2.0.2 ..,if i do like this did i got any conflits .. bcos dev and qas are 10.2.0 and prd is in 10.2.0.2.."

It is not recommended to have the dev and quality in a oracle version different from production .

10.2.0.1 is not supported by sap so its better to move to 10.2.0.4 latest.

Remember apart from these patches you need to apply the opatches recommended for your release as well.

You can find the list of opatches in the market place.

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you mean that you are still running on 10.2.0.1? Although the media that is delivered with the SAP installation contains 10.2.0.1, this particular version was never released for productive usage. Therefore, you should at any case consider to install 10.2.0.4 as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Micheal , our dev and QAS are in 10.2.0.1 .. till now we didnt get any problem... .. wat is my question is can we upgrade the patch now ( ie after the installation of sap and all devolepment has been going on)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

> our dev and QAS are in 10.2.0.1

This is not supported by SAP, if you get any issue you will have to install the latest patchset BEFORE it is properly handled.

> can we upgrade the patch now?

Yes you can (and you should)

You should install the latest patch set (10.2.0.4) AND all the required patches from the SAP Note 1137346 (if you are on windows, then you only have to install the latest patch bundle on top of 10.2.0.4)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to patch whole landscape DBs to 10.2.0.4.

Please check also note:

Note 839187 - Oracle 10.2.0: Applying patch set/patches/patch collection