cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a process where by user enters a dynamic query string on IE and gets a file. We want to automate this process through XI. How would we go about doign this?

I was thinking I could do a ABAP Proxy (on sender) to pass the dynamic parameters and then do a HTTP receiver . but can XI handle the file payload from HTTP receiver?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood you right, this should work. But you should consider that a regular XI license is based on volume, if either the sender or the receiver is non-SAP third party.

(I don't know how big the files are and how often they are send)

And if you thinking about ABAP Proxy..why not use a WD ABAP solution, IE Browser based?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger,

Thanks for your reply. I have never worked on HTTP receiver adapter. I saw some messages in SDN where in it was stated that HTTP GET does not work with HTTP receiver and I am guessing my dynamic query uses HTTP GET.

I am thinking of following two steps, but I am not sure if XI can process the file that is returned (especially if the file is non-xml) and send it to back to proxy.

1) Synchronous Proxy interface (sender) to send the my dynamic parameters

2) XI to build the dynamic query

3) HTTP receiver to send the query and receive the file

How can we process the file sent by the HTTP query? Can XI handle it? If so how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file which you want to process is having the particular structure? if yes then its possible otherwise i don't think so.

Means the file which you want to process is having the same structure always then it should be possible.

XI can process the non xml files also, by using the file content conversion.

FYI

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417600)ID1360918650DB02601991009897456805End...

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

When u will use ABP proxy to send the mssage it will be send as a XI protocol using HTTP to the XI while if you want to receive the response back then it has to be in xml formate only. Also here file content conversion will not work as File adapter does not supports Synchronous scenarios.

You may consider calling the file through Web service.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil. One final question As per OSS NOte 839803,

Are GET and POST supported in HTTP calls?

The Plain HTTP Adapter only supports HTTP POST.

Does this mean that it is not possible to do a direct HTTP call for get method? Also noticed that this note is valid upto release 700. Does that mean release 710 supports get method?