cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequential processing via BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to read messages from JMS MQ channel and process them sequentially. I want to avoid triggering multiple BPM process during runtime. Any idea on how to keep one BPM running always which reads JMS EOIO, processes the each message one at a time and sends it to the destination?

Thanks for all leads.

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In BPM all EOIO messages will become EO. SO you can get all the messages into BPM in EOIO. But output will be EO.

Refer SAP Note - 833740

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Are you saying that during runtime, there will be one BPM triggered per JMS message I read from MQ?

There is good possibility that some messages are of huge size and I cannot ensure the right order when it hits the destination due to translations and other processing I do in XI.

Meaning, if I read 1, 2, 3 messages 1st being 6M bytes, 2nd and 3rd being 4K bytes....what happens is 2 and 3rd go before 1st one....how can I retain order?

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> In BPM all EOIO messages will become EO. SO you can

> get all the messages into BPM in EOIO. But output

> will be EO.

>

> Refer SAP Note - 833740

>

>

> Regards,

> Moorthy

actually integration processes do support EOIO. See SAP Help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

7. Specify EOIO (Exactly Once in Order) as the quality of service, as required.

Messages are then delivered in the same sequence that they are sent in by the integration process.

a. Specify a queue in the Queue Name field.

You can choose the name of the queue yourself.

Max. length: 16 characters

Permitted characters are alphanumeric characters and the following special characters:

/ (slash)

_ (underscore)

- (hyphen)

All send steps that have the same queue name are delivered in the sequence that they are sent in by the integration process.

So the key is that the messages arrive in BPM in EOIO (to be set in JMS Sender adapter) and that they are being sent out in BPM in mode EOIO again.

Regards

Christine

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In SP16 I think in send step you can define EOIO and it will maintain the order. Not checked.

But anyway SAP note is not updated based on this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

According to this, where can i give the conversation Id etc..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kp,

Is this possible with SP 14? We are at SP14 and need to process the messages in order. What will happen in the case of failure? I assume it waits until the message failed to process before sending the other messages.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Is this possible with SP 14? We are at SP14 and need to process the messages in order. What will happen in the case of failure? I assume it waits until the message failed to process before sending the other messages.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Kalyan