cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SMD Agent 'ServerNWD' hasn't been found!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a problem with SMD (server sm) server and smd agent (server ServerNWD)

I have running SMD agent on the client (ServerNWD). I can see the alerts of this server in Solman rz20. Everithing fine.

But when I enter to SMD to configure Diagnostic, this told me that "The SMD Agent 'ServerNWD' hasn't been found!".

SMD is the only one service in Solution Manager that can't see the agent on ServerNWD.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Esteban G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. SDM Agent has to be installed once per managed host.

2. When you install it - with sapinst - a new instance is created in your managed system.

3. Technically, if you have 4 SAP system running on the same physical host, you can install only one SMD Agent.

Do not forget - SMD works as a new JAVA instance.

Best regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CP2009. Thanks for your response.

II don't think I was clear. I'm new configuring SMD agent.

The problem is only with my EPD Instance (one instance in one server). When i go to: http://solman:50100/smd and I try to configure SMD agent on EPD instance, SMD can't see the agent, even though the agent is properly configured and registered.

However I can see the alerts in RZ20 (in Solman).

I hope you understand...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban,

OK.

In SMD - you have an entry which called "Agent Administration" (JAVA application)

Do you see it ?

Is is started ?

Are you talking about the SMD Agent or the Wily Introscope Agent ?

Can you describe step by step what you are exactly doing ?

Regards

P. Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal.

Thaks a lot for your reponses. My problem was solved. I have a problem with the SMD agent, it had a bad configuration for the SMD server.

I Solved executing this command:

/usr/sap/SMD/J98/script/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"smd.mycompany.com" port:50104 user:SMD_ADMIN pwd:"vivaChile"

Thanks a Lot!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have this error and I found hte solution in :

1. https://service.sap.com/diagnostics

2. Click on "Wily Introscope 8.0 Installation Guide" under "Installation and Configuration"

3. In this guide - Read page 5 and page 38

Did you add your user in users.xml and authorizations in domains.xml ?

Do not forget that there is a direct link between the SMD Agent and both Wily IS Agent.

When you configure SMD in Diagnostics Setup from SMD, if the SMD Agent in the managed system in not started,

you cannot configure your Wily Host-Level Agent in Introscope Setup, which is a step of the Managed System Configuration

of SOLMAN_SETUP.

Hope it helps you

Best regards

Pascal