Error :Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I`ve imported the following list of .SCA files to CMS Inbox

Required Software Components (without sources):

o

EPBUILDTXX_0-10003786.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 EP BUILD TOOL 7.00) 
o 
SAPBUILDTXX_1-10003479.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 DI BUILD TOOL 7.00) 
o 
SAPJEEXX_0-10003469.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00) 
o 
SAPJTECHSXX_0-10003467.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00) 
o 
SAPEUXX_0-10003026.SCA (uDBC0uDCC6 CAF EU 7.00) 
o 
EPPSERVXX_0-10003474.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 PORATL 7.00) 
o 
EPBCXX_0-10003473.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 PORTAL CORE SERVICES 7.00) 
o 
EPBC2 XX_0-10003489.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 PORTAL FRAMEWORK 7.00) 
o 
EPWDCXX_0-10003557.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 PORTAL WEB DYNPRO 7.00) 
XSS Software Components for Development (or Required) (including sources)
o 
SAPESSXX_0-20000512.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP ESS 600) 
o 
SAPPSSXX_0-20001217.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP PSS 600) 
o 
SAPASRXX_0-20001216.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP ASR 600) 
o 
SAPPCUIGPXX_0-20001215.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP PCUI GP 600) 
o 
SAPMSSXX_0-20000503.sca (uDBC0uDCC6 SAP MSS 600)

Please advice.

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But when I am trying to check in , only 3 worked and after that I am getting an error message " cannot load file: /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/SAPMSS14_0-20000503.SCA Error: Could not extract file DEPLOYARCHIVES/msseeprogeneraldata.sda from archive /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/SAPMSS14_0-20000503.SCAAdditional error message is:Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

" for rest of them i.e. SAPMSS14_0-20000503.SCA ,SAPMSS14_0-20000503.SCA,SAPBUILDT14_0-10003479.SCA,SAPBUILDT14_0-10003479.SCA

Also, I can see TRACKS under SLD in my NWDS , but when I clicked NEXT , It is giving an error " Import of devlopment configuration " Plug in ID :com.sap.ide.dii05.lib

Getting Input Stream for Configuration I55_SANDBOX_D failed

FYI

As you can see from the log above, the folder it is trying to extract the file from is /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives .But we were looking at a wrong folder "Inbox" and checking if the .sca file here was corrupt (which was actually not corrupted). Then we realised that .sca file in the "../archives" folder was corrupted. So we rplaced the file in this folder after which it started working.

So make sure that you are looking at the correct folder (check your log to see which folder it it is pointing) and replace the .sca file in that folder.

We used the same files as the ones we had used in the "Inbox" folder and copied them to the "archives" folder as well. These files we downloaded from the SAP service Marketplace. I am sure you would be aware of the right location in SMP for your files.

However, you could also do one more thing. Make sure that you delete all the files similar to the ones that are giving an error in the "Archives" folder. I mean, if there is more than one version of the file that is giving the error, delete all these files from the archives folder. Then, do a check-in and an import again. This will copy the right version of the file to the archives folder automatically. This way, you won't have to copy paste the files manually to the archives folder.

To explain this in more detail... here is the response I got from SAP regarding this issue:

-

The "archives" folder is normally only used internally by the CMS to store a backup copy of the imported files.

After you place a file in the "inbox" and check it in, CMS first extracts the SCA name, vendor and version and checks if it is already contained in the archive. If the file is new, it is copied from "inbox" to the "archives" folder. Already existing files are not copied. Later, during import, the import file is read from the "archives" folder. In your case I assume that the fixed SCA file had the same version, so just by comparing the SCA name, vendor and version, the CMS did not realize that it has to update the file in "archives".

Usually you don't have to care about the "archives" folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a corrupt SCA. I suggest you try to redownload it.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any other way I can check, these files are okay or corrupted ? I tried SAPCAR .SCA file name on PUTTY . It gives an error "file cant not extract " . I used WINscp to upload the downloaded SCA files from my PC to server folder SAP/USR/Trans/CMS/Inbox as well as SAP/USR/Trans/CMS/archives .

I also notice one thing there are 2 ZIP files , when Iu2019ve downloaded the above SCA files . When I unzip them I got two folders DEPLOYARCHIVES and BUILDARCHIVES . In DEPLOYARCHIVES folder I have .SDA Files & in BUILDARCHIVES I have 193 Zip files .

~Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think SAPCAR can extract SCA files. It is meant for SAR/CAR archives. I would redownload the files with the download manager to be sure.

You should be able to deploy a SCA file directly, and have no need to extract the files from it. Make sure that you have the files int he right folder. If you're running a *nix environment the path is case sensitive (I saw you had some folders capitalized).

Kind Regards,

Zach

Edited by: Zachary Shay on Jan 14, 2010 10:25 PM