cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting table cells - color based on value

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am looking for what the options are for changing the background color of a table cell. I have a situation where the background should be different depending on the value. I am using the cellDesign property of the TableColumn element, binding to a field that contains the color value (which is calculated based on the actual value to be displayed in the cell). But, the colors of course are limited to what is in the domain WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN.

What I really want, and perhaps it isn't possible but I thought I'd ask anyway: Is there any way (presumably a different property, or different set of elements altogether) to use a standard hex code for color, like I would use in html or css? (as in #FFFFFF for white, #000000 for black, and anything in between)

Or, is there a way to specify different colors for the values of the cellDesign property, without affecting all other programs (i.e. without changing a global theme)?

Also, WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN values have semantic associations, and I wonder if there is a better property to use that wouldn't have a semantic association, because I am using the colors somewhat differently than how they are currently defined.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look on WDR_TEST_TABLE component, Cell Design Link

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

Thanks for your reply, very helpful as a reference to the defined colors.

However the problem is that the pre-defined value set for the cellDesign property is not quite sufficient. I can get by with it if I have to, but I am looking for whether there are other options for affecting the color of the table cells. Ideally I'd like to be able to specify with a hex code. I don't really expect that's possible, but thought I should ask here before accepting defeat.

Thanks,

Margaret