SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INST_MGMT Migration Object - Extend equipment validity during removal

former_member181967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

During migration of INST_MGMT we have an equipment that was installed (04) and removed (05) in a specific instalation and the validity period for the equipment was set as 01.01.1900 (AB) thru 06.02.2009 (BIS). Now, for the same equipment we need to install it again in another installation for the date 13.02.2009 and the system issues an message that the validity for the equipment has expired.

Does anyone know how can we extend this validity period until 31.12.9999 during the migration process ???

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

José Manuel Matos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello José,

I think the root of the problem is the wrong validity date of the device when you migrated the device. Please check with which dates you've migrated the device (EGERH-AB and EGERH-BIS fields in the DEVICE migration object). The BIS field should be filled with 99991231 (December, 31, 9999)

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello José,

I think the root of the problem is the wrong validity date of the device when you migrated the device. Please check with which dates you've migrated the device (EGERH-AB and EGERH-BIS fields in the DEVICE migration object). The BIS field should be filled with 99991231 (December, 31, 9999)

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thanks for your attention, but that's not our problem.

During DEVICE migration indeed we make the dates correctly so we didn't have any problem with it, and the field BIS is populated with 31.12.9999 for each device migrated.

Our problem is as I've explained, is during Migration of INST_MGMT object, as we have an equipment that is installed (04) and removed (05) for an certain installation. From that the validity period of the equipment assume the end date of validity as the date of the REMOVAL less one day.

For example: BEGIN DATE (AB) 01.01.1900 - END DATE (BIS) 30.10.2008.

Now, for the same equipment we need to install it in another installation for a later date, and the system issues a message which inform that the validity period for the equipment has expired.

So, my question is, how can we extend this validity period or by the time that the REMOVAL equipment during migration of INST_MGMT is done, the BIS date isn't affected ??

Thanks.

Best Regards,

JMMatos

Edited by: José Matos on Jan 13, 2010 3:04 PM

0 Kudos

José,

Please recreate the problem in your system and monitor the equipment related entries in the EGERH table (EQUNR, AB and BIS fields) after each activiy (device creation, device installation and removal) and report the results. The described behavour seems very strange to me. I tried to recreate the probem but everything worked just fine ...

Cheers,

Fritz