cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while saving interactive pdf form:The document could not be saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone please help me here.

Not able to save the pdf form.

I have interactive form which contains static fields,text fields,Document digital signature and a submit button.

After filling and signing the form it will ask for saving the form.But saving is giving error.

Error : The document could not be saved.There was a error reading the document(26).

Can anyone please tell me why i am getting this error.

Thanks in advance,

Menaka.H.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did cause the size change? Which part of the process? What needed to be changed/ customized to get this working? The details can help us a lot in the future. Thanks, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually download function associated with the download link in the application was not somehow reading the actual size of pdf xstring.This was causing the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Menaka.H.B

SatheeshKumara1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How u solve this issue?

Am getting same error here, can u explain this in detail.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to switch off some of the features of your application? Like the signature for example? Have you ever had this app in a working state? Previous version - simple demo - anything working? I would recommend you to try to simplify your form. But I cannot tell if this is a form problem or a portal/ WD problem. Maybe you can try to ask in WD forum?

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How the users access´/ downloads the form from the WD app? Is that a link connected with ABAP FM where GETPDF is checked true? Or some other way? Please provide as many details as possible, because this is the source of the problem.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

yes we have a FM associated with this, where we set GETPDF to true.

In that we have used FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME,function which dynaically generated function module and fp_job_close FM's.

fillable parameter is also set to true.

Form contains static fields,text fileds,Document signature and submit button.Document signature doesnot contain any scripts.

Regards,

Menaka.H.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every one,

Issue is resolve.

Problem was with downloading the form.While downloading the form from application actual size of pdf was getting altered and because of which damaged file was getting downloaded and was not alowing to save.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this.

Regards,

Menaka.H.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to Adobe Interactive Forms forum...

(thanks Sandra)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please explain what does "Offline scenarion integrated into WD app" means? Sounds like a mismatch for me. I guess this can be a thing causing the error.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Integrated into WD application means -> Interactive form generated in SFP transaction is used in abap webdynpro application.

Offline scenarion -> Since it is an interactive form, user will fill the form offline and submit it by email.From the webdyn pro appliaction user will download the form to the local desktop.Fills it offline and submits the form.

Now the interactive form generated directly from sfp tcode is working fine.I can fill the form,Sign it, save it and submit the form.

But the form downloaded from the WD application cannot be saved and is not allowing to dogitally sogn the form.

Its giving error The document could not be saved. there was a problem reading the document(26).

Thanks and Regards,

Menaka.H.B

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a Windows or Adobe Reader or a SAP message?

If it's a sap message (what message number is it?), does it happen with other Adobe forms (you may copy a standard Adobe form if you don't have any other custom Adobe form)

If both don't work, please ask your admin to check the connection with ADS

If the problem is only with your custom Adobe form, I don't know the problem, check with your admin, or ask sap support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Message is form Adobe reader.Its an offline scenario and is integarted into abap webdynpro application.

Form downloaded from the application is resulting in error after signing it.But form generated directly from the SFP transaction is working fine.

Regards,

Menaka.H.B

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked the moderators to move the thread to forum , they will be more capable to help you.

See also Adobe documentation, forum, support, in what case this message may happen.

When you generate a form using SFP, are you able to sign and save it?

If you don't sign, does it work?

Did you try with other Adobe Reader versions?

Do similar forms (with signature) work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes sandra if i generate form from sfp transaction i can sign and save.

Even if i dont sign and try to save it is giving the error.I tried it with different version(8.2) then also the same error.

Regards,

Menaka.H.B

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check that protection properties (Adobe Reader, menu File | properties, then protection tab) are identical between the form extracted from portal, and the one you generate from SFP?

I have the feeling that there are some configuration problems with portal / ADS... (don't know why)