Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return + BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I'm trying to set up a BOM scenario.

Main item : LUMF => item category : TAP

Sub item : NORM => item category : ZBM (standard item) and ZBMN (free of charge item)

In VOV4, I got :

ZDA LUMF - - TAP

ZDA LUMF - TAP ZBM

For returns, I got :

RE LUMF - - ZTAP

RE LUMF - ZTAP REN RENN

When i try to create a return order (RE), system explodes BOM twice

What should I do ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VOV7- in "strucuture scope" field check the entry maintained for both the item categories ( main & sub item) in returns.

I guess strucuture scope - A ( explode single level BOM) maintained for the both the item categories. if so, make it blank for sub item , item category.

re test the cycle & confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's for your quick reply.

Actually, it's blank for sub items...

So I guess this isn't the origin of my problem.

System explodes BOM twice ONLY for return orders created in reference to invoices

When I create a return order, systme does not explodes BOM twice.

Regards,

Bahia.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a new item category ZTBM for return orders created in reference to invoices.

How should I maintain this in VOV4 ?

Regards,

Bahia.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be the best guy to decide this. However ensure that your copy controls are correct for the item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created to item categroies : ZTAP and ZTBM.

ZTAP for sales returns which are not created in reference to an invoice. Then, I'va maintained this in VOV4.

ZTBM for sales orders which are created in reference to an invoice. Then, I've maintained it in VOV4 and in VTAF.

Regards,

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is due to the Structure Scope maintained for main Item category as "B" ( might be).

Make it as "A" & check.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BOM explosion happens twice due to copy control and other settings. You have to work on your copy control settings. For the entire detail, please refer to the OSS notes 413770. I am copying and putting the contents of the note here for your reference.

-

NOTES

Symptom

If you create a sales document with reference to a billing document that contains a bill of material (BOM), the system duplicates the subitems.

The system copies the BOM subitems and also explodes the BOM in the sales order that you are creating.

Other terms

BOM, main item

Reason and Prerequisites

You can normally control whether the BOM is exploded when it is copied using the 'Reexplode structure/free goods' indicator in the copying control.

However, this flag does not exist for the copying of billing documents. When you copy billing documents, the system always explodes the BOM if the item category of the relevant main item provides for this. If you also choose the setting in copying control that ensures that subitems are copied from the billing document, this can lead to duplicated subitems in the document.

Solution

There are two possible solutions:

1. Instruct the system to copy subitems from the billing document but not to explode the BOM.

To do this, make the following settings in Customizing:

The system must not explode the BOM in the sales document (sales order / returns / credit memo request).

To ensure this, you must define a separate item category that does not instruct the system to explode the BOM for the sales order that is created with reference (Transaction VOV7, table TVAP). The structural scope field must be set to SPACE.

In copying control, make the setting for the subitem that instructs the system to always copy the item (copying requirement 303).

2. Instruct the system not to copy subitems from the billing document, but to explode the BOM.

To do this, make the following settings in Customizing:

The system must explode the BOM in the sales document (sales order / returns / credit memo request).

To ensure this, you must define an item category that instructs the system to explode the BOM for the sales order that is created with reference (Transaction VOV7, table TVAP). The structural scope field must be set to A, B or D.

In copying control, make the setting for the subitem that instructs the system not to copy the item (copying requirement 302).

Both solutions have advantages and disadvantages.

Always use solution 1 when you need to copy data from the billing document. Solution 2 is intended for all scenarios where you do not need to copy data from the billing document, but instead want to determine it afresh in the document.

There is also a third solution whereby you directly copy the sales document belonging to the billing document, instead of the billing document itself. With this solution, you can also set the 'Reexplode structure/free goods' indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much SNavaneetha.

The OSS note is perfect.

Regards,

Bahia.