cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting product categories from SRM which have been replicated from ECC R/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Experts,

Currently at MCC we use NSV as product categories, these are letter based 3 in total in hierarchy structure. We are looking at replacing NSV codes with UNSPCC codes.

I know I can use ZPRCAT_DELETE to delete NSV's(Product Categorys) but this will only allow you where there is no entry for this product category in the table BBP_PDIGP.

There are roughly 850+ product categories which I will need to delete but due to them being assigned to documents such as Shopping Carts, Purchase Orders and Contracts in SRM the system will not allow me to delete them.

Does anyone have any suggestions re how these can be removed? or what method I can use to hid these codes to only show UNSPCC codes.

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sharon,

Off the top of my head, I can of 3 ways...

1) Develop a program to search and replace NSV with UNSPSC codes and GUIDs..... Tricky and might hose your system.

2) Revise BBPH_PROD_CAT and BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to not allow NSV categories.

3) or create a corss-reference table and just revise BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI so that when a NSV is entered/selected, change it to a UNSPSC.

Good luck and let me know what you decide to do.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dean

Thanks for the info. I have been in touch and they have recommended the following reports for deletion but these are no good as cannot us in P if documents assigned to them.

COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE,

COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL,

COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_SINGLE,

COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL

I think we will go down the route you suggested which was option 2. I assume we would create a error message so if a NSV was selected then a error would pop up and not allow SC creation. Then I would need to load the new UNSPCC codes to the same Product Hierarchy in SRM.

Thanks for your help with this.

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Sorry to be a pain, I have just checked and we do not have BBPH_PROD_CAT anywhere in SRM. I have checked Badi, FM, tables, strucutures. Can you confirm the above name please and how I would find this. I am currently on SRM4.0 stack 14 due to load stack 15 next month.

Thanks

Sharon