cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an invoice which has 3 line items. Invoice isnt posted to accounting due to acct determination error. I checked in the system and found out that for line item 2, account assignment group was incorrectly assigned to the material at the time of invoice creation. But very next day, changes were made in material and account assignment group was assigned correctly. Now, I want this invoice to be posted to accounting but system somehow does not update the GL account for line item 2.

Is there anyway we can update the GL account in invoice directly?

Please suggest.

Chetan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to that invoice select the item which had wrong account assignment group and double click that

account assignment group will be editable only

You can input the correct entry there and post it to accounts

Note

Any corrections made in masters after a document is created will not update the already created documents

It will apply for new documents only

say If account assignment group is maintained 01 iand if a billing doc is created with 01 and if it is wrong

Now you change the MMR to 02 which is correct that billing doc will not automatically change to 02

The new billing doc will pick up 02, not the already created ones

SAP has deliberately kept account assignment group in editable mode in billing for both material and customer

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

You are awesome.

I was thinking the same. Just wanted to make double sure.

Cheers Man.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check the below settings

1.Check the G/L account determination in VKOA for the account assignment group maintained the G/L account or not

2.Go to VF02 and check the line item 2 and input the account assignment group and save

Regards

Damu