SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model below-ground assets in a water utility?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently looking at how to model pipelines from a Preventive & Reactive Maintenance point of view in a water utility. We will obviously be using FL and equipments for this.

We have several interesting challenges in this respect.

1. We are not looking to do a hydrodynamically accurate modelling of the pipe relationship, but we would like a way to represent the fact that if you for an example shut down one section of a ring section, this affects the branch lines leading out from this section, or the fact that you have one electrical device at a site that affects many EQs not in its direct hierarchy. I was thinking of using object links. I would like to hear if people have experience w this.

2. The way the customer's (non-SAP) system works today. The model consists of line sections (pipe) linked by nodes (manholes, valves, etc) Assuming one section of pipe is damaged and replaced, a new asset is created. So now the structure is : Manhole - old pipe - new pipe - old pipe - manhole. So now you all of a sudden have 5 assets, where preciously you had only 3. I don't think this is viable for an SAP solution, but how would one go about it.

3. Has anyone got experience linking Esri GIS to SAP?

Thanks

rgds

John

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been handled in the PM forum