cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 No systems are enabled or configured

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I executed ECC 6.0 on SQL 2005. SP Stack 16 (SAP ABA and BASIS SP 18).

I have two issues on Tr DB2, and I suppose, that maybe there is relationship among them.

When I start TR db2, I get the following messages.

No systems are enabled or configured

Check the system registration.

On the other hand, in Jobs > DBA log, activity of jobs is not shown. However, at database level, there are works being executed.

We migrated R/3 46C from iSeries DB2/400 to Wintel SQL 2005 one year ago, and two month later from 46C to ECC6.0

I think, this happen since we migrated

I have executed MSSPROCS, but with no results.

some hint to solve it?

Regards

Eduardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leslie,

Thanks a lot by all valuable information that you have given to me.

Now I can understand much more The DBA Cockpit.

Best regards

Eduardo

leslie_moser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

A lot has changed from R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.00. For all SAP supported database platforms, the individual transactions that were used for database maintenance and monitoring are now all located in one SAP transaction - DBACockpit. For more general information about DBACockpit, read the platform independent SAP Note 1027146 and the SQL Server specific SAP Note 1027512.

In answer to your two problems. The transaction DB2 is not relevant for SQL Server systems, although it was relevant for OS400 systems. Unfortunately, when you execute DB2 in a SQL Server system it take you to the transaction DBACockpit and gives you the messages you listed. I will talk to colleagues about changing this behavior to no one is confused in the future. I recommend you call DBACockpit directly with its own name from now on to avoid any weird errors.

The DBA Log screen in DBACockpit is just another view of the jobs from the old transaction DB13 and the new screen DBACockpit -> Jobs -> DBA Planning Calendar. If you scheduled jobs directly in the database then you will not see them in DB13 or the DBA Planning Calendar screen. If you want to see SQL Server Agent jobs scheduled directly on the database, you can see them in DBACockpit -> Backup and Recovery -> SQL Agent Jobs History or Scheduled SQLAgent Jobs.

I recommend reading about all of the screens and possibilities about DBACockpit in the help files at http://help.sap.com. Try this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f8/a70f51542d482ea1a9ea888824d586/frameset.htm

it should take you to the main screen for DBACockpit and SQL Server.

Otherwise, drill into it via:

http://help.sap.com -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) Knowledge Center -> English -> SAP NetWeaver Library -> SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability -> Application Platform by Key Capability -> Platform-Wide Services -> Database Support -> SAP/ MS SQL Server DBA in CCMS -> Database Management Tools -> The DBACockpit.

Best regards, Leslie

Leslie Moser

Developer, Microsoft Platforms U.S.

Netweaver Development Tools

SAP Labs, LLC

425-421-3716